A year ago today I had a MMC.

(3 Posts)
Shellywelly1973 Sun 23-Feb-14 23:41:31

Just marking the anniversary of the diagnosis of my mmc...

I went for my 12 week scan just as I had with the other dc. The words are imprinted in my brain...' I'm sorry, it's bad news, there's no heart beat'.

I was 12 weeks. She died at 8 wks & 2 days. I had an ERPC 4 days later.

My mmc changed me forever. It was my 6th pregnancy. There's a part of me that is stuck back there.

I've never spoke of the mmc. No one was interested. Every one thought it was for the best. The only support I had was here on MN.

I became obsessed about getting pregnant. I conceived 2 months later. Dd is 3 weeks old & I am truly grateful for her.

I will never forget my other little baby. I still cry when I think about her, even a year later.

Thankyou MN for the support you gave me. X

It is hard, I still think of my first loss, 3years later, I think it gets easier to live with but the pain is still there. Be kind to yourself thanks

duvetheaven Tue 25-Feb-14 21:12:43

Thanks for sharing your story. Yes, those words really stay with you when you are expecting all to be well. Sorry to hear that those around you have not understood about your MMC. I had a mmc at 10 weeks and I remember being told 'I 'm sorry my dear, there's no heartbeat''. Am not sure what the next 20 minutes was about as just remember coming out with leaflets and walking home in shock.
You can leave a memorial message on the Miscarriage Association website and read the message of others to their lost babies.
Congrats on your newborn DD . Take care x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now