Lost baby last night at 12 weeks

(20 Posts)
GailLondon Sun 23-Feb-14 07:11:11

I'm lying on a hospital ward alone, numb and in shock.
Friday night I had light bleeding, went to a&e where they examined me and said everything looked ok from the outside (no ultrasound), that I had cervical erosion that was probably causing the bleed and I went home.
Mild bleeding and cramps continued all day Saturday, I tried to go for an early night when suddenly there was a big contraction, a whoosh of blood and it was as if my insides had exploded, the bathroom floor swimming in blood in a matter of seconds.
My husband called an ambulance and I went straight to a&e, a lot of pain and a lot more blood and tissue loss and it was all gone. My 12 week scan should have been tomorrow and we were planning on telling all our friends.
Just don't know what to do. Can't believe it's all over

So sorry for your loss. hmm I've had 3 mc's so I really do now how you are feeling. It's awfully shocking when you have your first one as there is a lot more blood & tissue than you'd expect.

Do you have dc's already?

Sending hugs.

RobinSparkles Sun 23-Feb-14 07:20:35

Oh my goodness, how awful. Poor you!

Be kind to yourself and make sure that you get plenty of rest.
I've been where you are right now and it's awful. I felt numb and lost for a while.
Allow yourself time to grieve, have time off work, if you can.

I'm so so sorry for your loss thanks.

Lagoonablue Sun 23-Feb-14 07:20:47

Sorry. It's shit isn't it.

Happiestinwellybobs Sun 23-Feb-14 07:35:32

I'm so sorry for your loss flowers

2beornot Sun 23-Feb-14 07:39:39

I'm sorry you had to go through that. My hope is that it has all passed naturally so that you can go home today and be with loved ones.

I'm sorry for your loss

Ledkr Sun 23-Feb-14 07:42:46

Yes it's shit and you will never forget it but take some time to grieve for your loss and stay close to your dp.
As you can see lots of us have had this and went on to be ok so don't lose hope.
It's truly horrible I remember it well.

Dappydongle Sun 23-Feb-14 07:46:50

I'm so sorry. We are here for you if you need to talk. You will get through this.

kd73 Sun 23-Feb-14 07:56:19

I am so sorry to hear of your loss xxx

GailLondon Sun 23-Feb-14 08:41:53

Thankyou for all your replies xx
I'm feeling (physically at least) a fair bit better with hardly any stomach pain now and back to light bleeding so I'm just hoping it's completed xx

CarolineKnappShappey Sun 23-Feb-14 08:43:56

Take care, you will get through. So sorry

Forester Sun 23-Feb-14 17:34:04

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. flowers

It's a tough time so go easy on yourself. I know what it's like to have spent weeks thinking about what the pg will mean - only to have to unwind all those thoughts.

bakingtins Sun 23-Feb-14 19:16:22

I'm very sorry you lost your baby, Gail
It sounds like the process was very scary and I hope you are now physically feeling better and able to go home. It can feel like a horribly lonely experience but there are many of us who've been through it. Here whenever you need to talk about it. flowers

GailLondon - so sorry for your loss. I would have been 12 weeks on Saturday there. Started miscarrying last Monday. It's so very hard. Inexplicably hard. I'm sorry you are going through this too. Life is crappy and unfair. x

bronya Mon 24-Feb-14 13:34:16

It is really hard. I remember the lady at the EPU when I had mine, saying it was nature's way, and better now than later if there was something wrong. It helped me.

Luckystar1 Mon 24-Feb-14 13:39:07

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take each day as it comes. It is a horrible thing, I really feel for you. Oh and remember, you're allowed to grieve, take as long as you need. Thinking of you.

wifey6 Mon 24-Feb-14 13:40:51

So sorry Gail & Violet x
I truly know how you are both feeling as I suffered a MMC at 13 weeks in 2012.
Be gentle on yourselves & allow time for recovery...it's physically, emotionally & mentally draining x
Thinking of you both. x

balenciaga Mon 24-Feb-14 13:48:47

oh op I am sorry sad

I suffered a mc at 12 weeks too about a year ago, it was twins, it was awful and the worst time of my life.

hugs to you x

RonaldMcDonald Mon 24-Feb-14 14:04:11

I'm so sorry to hear that x

broodylicious Thu 27-Feb-14 04:52:46

This is happening to me right now. I have my routine12 week scan booked for 850am. Shit timing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now