Ttc after miscarriage over 35

(13 Posts)
PaulaFletch14 Wed 12-Feb-14 22:10:50

Hi

I had a silent miscarriage in December my first pregnancy absolutely heartbroken. I'm TTC again and I'm looking for a thread for those over 35. Any you can recommend? Thanks x

MisForMumNotMaid Wed 12-Feb-14 22:15:23

I can't recommend a thread, maybe you could start another?

I just wanted to say i'm sad for your loss.

I had three miscarriages and a chemical pregnancy post thirty five. Then when anaemic and really quite physically and mentally low
I conceived again. My DD was born healthy at 39 weeks by section.

It can happen. I hope that it works out for you.

Beamur Wed 12-Feb-14 22:16:40

Happened to me too, 1 MM and 1 very early MC, DD will be 7 soon. I was 36 (soon to be 37) when she was born.
Good luck and don't lose heart.

duvetheaven Wed 12-Feb-14 22:23:15

Sorry to hear of your heartbreak. Mumsnet is a really good place tor support and info. I have learned a great deal about MC on Mumsnet. I have experienced four - two in the last few months. I am also TTC and am aged 43. It's hard to stay positive but due to my age have started enquiring about the private route re tests. Statistically, the chances of next pregnancy working out are in your favour. Hope 2014 is our year for BFP and a baby : )x

sebsmummy1 Wed 12-Feb-14 22:27:40

Bless you. I had one healthy problem free pregnancy at 37 and one early miscarriage recently at 38. The stats of miscarriage do go up as you get older but please don't think you cannot have a healthy full term pregnancy because you have had a mc.

Why don't you let this become the support thread you are looking for? I will happily post on here and I'm sure other people would be happy to support your TTC journey.

bakingtins Thu 13-Feb-14 07:37:52

There's a very nice supportive TTC after MC thread ( will have something about posi-fricking-tivity in the title) on the conception board, but it's not specifically for over 35s.
The over 35 thing is a bit overstated IMHO, you have got pregnant once, for most women they can still get pregnant in late thirties, and MC stats don't rise sharply (due to chromosome defects) until you are into your forties. I'm 24 weeks pregnant at age 39 after recurrent miscarriages. I listened to a lot of crap about my age until it was proven the MC had nothing to do with dodgy chromosomes and I actually got a proper diagnosis and treatment.
Good luck, hope you get your BFP and have a healthy pregnancy v soon.

sebsmummy1 Thu 13-Feb-14 07:48:01

Bakingtins may I ask what your diagnosis was?

eurochick Thu 13-Feb-14 07:48:46

Over in conception there is the posi frickin tivity thread mentioned and a few threads for the over 30s or over 35s and in my experience many of the posters on the latter threads have experienced mc as well, as it is so common.

I had an mc last year at 37, following my first round of ivf. I am now (very nervously) pg again after my fourth round, at 38.

Mc rates do go up with age but plenty of people over 35 have successful pregnancies, whether or not they have had previous mcs.

Good luck with ttc.

Ruggle Thu 13-Feb-14 08:16:58

I had an mmc and an mc last year but am now 14 weeks pregnant at 39, and it will (fingers crossed) be my first baby.

bakingtins Thu 13-Feb-14 12:39:29

sebsmum High uterine NK cells. It's a defect or imbalance of the immune system which prevents implantation, so a normal embryo is effectively 'starved out'. Treated with steroids, amonst other supportive meds (I also had heparin, high dose folic acid and progesterone)

PaulaFletch14 Thu 13-Feb-14 17:05:07

Thank you everyone for your messages. I'm 39 (40) at end of August. I'm ovulating again after miscarriage and after my first period my cycle has gone back to normal. I've an appointment at private fertility clinic in March to have an mot check everything is in working order and to see what help we can get. Hopefully I'll have a bump on my wedding day in august x

PaulaFletch14 Thu 13-Feb-14 17:06:36

Sebsmummy good idea grin xx

worriedmum100 Thu 13-Feb-14 19:54:03

Hello,

I'm 38 and currently waiting to miscarry after hopeless hgc results. I'm about 5 weeks. This would have been dc2 and we've been ttc for two years but were successful (if only for a short while) following our first IUI.

When I found out this pg wasn't viable I briefly thought about giving up ttc. I wasn't sure I could take anymore disappointment, especially when even a BFP brings only more worry after a mc. But we will ttc again because I know I have another child in me. It just wasn't meant to be this one sad.

I'm not sure what to do about ttc again in terms of timing. Do I have to wait for a proper period or can we start when the miscarriage is over?

We may try IUI again but not until some uterine scarring I have from my previous c section thoroughly checked out. The doc noticed fluid leaking from the scar when doing the IUI. I think this could be at root of fertility issues and mc.

Here's hoping for some positive outcomes this year x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now