2nd period since mmc and smm....I've hardly stopped bleeding since the beginning of Dec!

(3 Posts)
nldm1 Mon 10-Feb-14 12:58:21

Following smm for our second devastating mmc at the beginning of Dec, I bled for 3 weeks. An intrauterine scan showed uterus was rmpty and mc complete.

I stopped bleeding for a week, then got my period, which lasted for two and a half weeks. I had a week of no bleeding before getting my second period since the mmc and smm and it's still going on almost two weeks after it began.

I'm getting so fed up as migraines always accompany my bleeding and I've been in pain with no energy, nausea, disorientation, shaking, dizziness etc. Since the beginning of Dec.

This is conpletely different from after my first mmc and smm when things when back to 'normal' straight away.
Is this another version of normal? When will things ease up?

Purplefrogshoe Mon 10-Feb-14 21:51:23

I'm so sorry nidm1 I had this with my 2nd mmc, bleeding went on forever but I seen the gp and she gave me medication to stop the bleeding, I think it was called norethistorone it stopped the bleeding and my body gradually got back to normal

nldm1 Mon 10-Feb-14 22:20:16

Thank you. I'm ringing the docs tomorrow and hopefully getting in soon. I'll mention that medication.
It just feels like such a ridiculosly long recovery. So sick of wearing pads and feeling like my body is 'wrong' :-(
So sorry to hear of your losses xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now