Am I definitely miscarrying?

(94 Posts)

Hi,

I am about 6 weeks, over the weekend had brown mucous discharge, this gradually increased and on Monday was spotting blood.
I had a scan at EPU who saw a heartbeat and said all was well.
However today bleeding has got heavier, like the start of a period, with some small clots.
Feeling pretty despondent, assuming its over. I am going in for a scan tomorrow morning to see what has happened.
Any advice?

Thanks

Thankyou everyone for your lovely comments and support.

Honestly the trolls have not affected me, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction!

I'll pop back across to the TTC boards soon. Obviously I am gutted by this m/c but going to try to chalk it up to experience and get on with it.
I know many more women than me have been and will go through this many more times. I am lucky enough to have a healthy DS, I know many others don't.

curiousgeorgie Thu 23-Jan-14 15:01:31

I'm so sorry, my page didn't load all the comments!

I'm so so sorry for your loss, try to rest as much as you can xxxx

curiousgeorgie Thu 23-Jan-14 15:00:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LouiseSmith Thu 23-Jan-14 14:28:13

So sorry for your loss. sad xx

itsnotthateasy Thu 23-Jan-14 13:52:44

Very true Scholes34 ,, So sorry to hear of your loss OP.

Re the Trolls and their comments . . best way to deal with those types is to completely ignore them , do not feed . .. . Report away but don't mention it , ,they hate being ignored..

ChippingInWadesIn Thu 23-Jan-14 13:41:43

I am so sorry chick sad so very sorry x

I am also sorry you had to read what those idiots posted, but I'm glad you can see that they were just trolling fuckwits.

(Prettykitty111 do posters the decency of reading a thread before posting when it is a serious thread. The OP updated more than 24 hours before you posted)

Scholes34 Thu 23-Jan-14 13:36:04

What helped me through, was being told by the doctors that a miscarriage frequently happens for good reason - ie, it's your body's way of dealing with something that's not as it should be. It stopped me dwelling on what might have been, and on the original due date I didn't make, I was actually visiting the delivery suite a few months before DD (ie the subsequent pregnancy) was due.

Cruze Thu 23-Jan-14 13:34:17

I am so so sorry for your loss.
Well done for ignoring the vile cretins you are a stronger person than I would have been at the time. I found having a toddler at the time of my last MC really helped. I took a couple of weeks off work and threw myself into giving her the best 2 weeks I could. Did lots of things, made sure I was out of the house & her smiles really got me through the worst part. I promise you it does get easier. Look after yourself x

MummaMeerkat Thu 23-Jan-14 13:30:49

Noitsachicken i'm so sorry for your loss

Shellywelly1973 Thu 23-Jan-14 13:29:29

Sending you hugs & best wishes op. x x x

Topaz25 Thu 23-Jan-14 13:28:09

I am so sorry for your loss, thinking of you at this difficult time. When I had a miscarriage I found www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/ really helpful.

Bubblegoose Thu 23-Jan-14 13:26:46

flowers OP. Sending you hugs.

Looks like the good people outweigh the fuckwits on this thread. Isn't MN wonderful?

So sorry Chicken

loveandsmiles Thu 23-Jan-14 13:23:36

Reported too.

Thinking of you xxx

sebsmummy1 Thu 23-Jan-14 13:23:31

Massive hugs chicken xx

NakedTigarCub Thu 23-Jan-14 13:23:17

Sorry op ((((((hugs)))))))))

Pretty sure those posters are sad 40 year old men with nothing better to do than troll Mumsnet.

I am so sorry to hear your news Chicken, I have been following you on our antenatal board with my fingers crossed. thanks

Bowlersarm Thu 23-Jan-14 13:23:01

Reported as well.

thanksOP, sorry you are going through this.

eurochick Thu 23-Jan-14 13:22:34

I'm sorry for what you are going through, and also sorry that some of the hard of thinking brigade have posted on this thread.

I mc'd a 6 week foetus (but at 8 weeks - it was a mmc) and bled for 2 weeks in total. Only a couple of really bad days on which clots were pouring out of me and then about a week and a half of something similar to a period. So you might well have more to come. I just wanted you to be prepared. If there is a clot blocking the cervix that will slow things down temporarily.

sewingandcakes Thu 23-Jan-14 13:22:15

Sorry for your loss OP thanks

Idiots like that are a tiny minority thankfully.

MarshaBrady Thu 23-Jan-14 13:22:05

Glad they've been deleted. Hope you are ok chickens.

stickysausages Thu 23-Jan-14 13:21:53

So sorry for your loss sad

Look after yourself, and please get checked over if you feel unwell or have any symptoms you're unsure of etc.

Jacamaar Thu 23-Jan-14 13:21:43

So sorry to hear what your going through op.
Reported

DownstairsMixUp Thu 23-Jan-14 13:21:12

Sorry your going through this op. It DOES get easier to deal with I promise. Be kind to yourself. X

pigletmania Thu 23-Jan-14 13:20:53

Big hugs op flowers cake brew look after yoursef sweetxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now