Recurrent Miscarriage Support - tests, treatment, trying again - thread 9

(996 Posts)
bakingtins Sun 19-Jan-14 07:41:10

Welcome everyone - pull up a chair! A thread for anyone who has suffered multiple miscarriages and is in need of information, moral support, tea or sympathy. Newbies very welcome.

Can we start the thread with a recap of where we are all up to again, please?

JanetSHU Tue 24-Jun-14 09:45:44

I am a mature Masters student at Sheffield Hallam University studying for an MSc in Developmental Psychology. For my dissertation project, I am focussing on one of my main areas of interest and carrying out a qualitative research project into the meanings women give following experience of early miscarriage (within the first 13 weeks of pregnancy). I am using an anonymous online interview method in order to reach out to potential respondents and to allow freer speech. I am keen to recruit participants of all ages and learn about their individual emotions and coping strategies.

Participants can look at the study, without obligation to take part: https://shusls.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3KwPgSLgljn9XOB

We are always interested in the views of local people for our research. If you have any questions about the project, I will make early response.

cocomom25 Tue 24-Jun-14 01:54:02

Hi everyone!
Congrats to those pregnant, and keep holding on to the rest of us! I'm not sure how everyone is doing but I'm sure I will get caught up soon enough.
I'm 26 in 2wks yaay! Not very happy about that seeing as my son is going to 7 very soon! I have had 3 chemical pregnancies that I know of. This last one was March and it was very sad. I had what I suspect was hyper-ovulation! I had double pain, double +opk and double +hpts! My poor husband had to watch me suffer as pain meds only put me to sleep. I'm not one who can say if I hadn't tested I would never know which leads me to think this has been going on for 2 years. The crazy part is I never make it past my period!
Thanks for letting me rant you ladies are wonderful! I have never seen a group so kind and understanding!

Lancashire21 Mon 02-Jun-14 18:17:33

Hello all. I do lurk here every so often. It's a comfort.
Many congratulations Baking, so very pleased for you. You were very kind when I was at a very low point indeed. Welcome to the world baby baking!

TinyTear Mon 02-Jun-14 08:52:51

Swoooooosh

Teleporting...

tannyLoo Mon 02-Jun-14 08:14:18

See you on the other side...

bakingtins Mon 02-Jun-14 08:09:01
bakingtins Mon 02-Jun-14 08:08:18

'Tis done - thread 10 is up and running.

TinyTear Mon 02-Jun-14 07:42:12

BTW. We look like we need a new thread.

Baking want to do the honours again?

TinyTear Mon 02-Jun-14 07:41:17

Thanks. Shall tell DH he should stay in London. Will also save money on the blooming trains.

In other news I have bacterial tonsillitis. So now in bed with sweet sweet penicillin.

At least helped me kick start my diet...

tannyLoo Mon 02-Jun-14 05:50:10

I went on my own too. Although it did hurt whilst it was being done, some ibuprofen afterwards took away any cramping. I hardly bled, just a bit of spotting. Nothing a chocolate bar didn't sort out (any excuse!)

Keep us posted Tiny...

bakingtins Sun 01-Jun-14 21:39:10

I went on my own and was fine to drive straight away, but I didn't find it painful either, so I guess everyone is different. Good luck!

TinyTear Sun 01-Jun-14 21:13:51

A week tomorrow.
Thanks...

Justonemoretime Sun 01-Jun-14 20:43:03

Hi, yes he did. Tbh, the cramping was a bit much to drive with, but you'd probably be ok on the train. When is your appointment? Good luck.

TinyTear Sun 01-Jun-14 20:40:07

Tanny or baking or just

Did your DH go to Coventry with you?
Wondering as we need to pick our daughter from nursery and not sure I'd want to risk both being away if trains are late...

Tryingno1 Sat 31-May-14 10:16:04

Ps I was also using ov sticks that whole 5 months. So try not to worry it will happen. Ur body/eggs can't have hanged thatttt mch in 6 months time.

Tryingno1 Sat 31-May-14 10:15:11

Just-I'm 29 first 2 times it took me 2
Months to get preg but this last time it took me 5. I thought I had become infertile post d and c or stopped ovulating or thought everything inbetween! I think sometimes it just takes longer for your body to recover post a miscarriage...every month feels so long but hopefully u will have a bfp v soon!

tannyLoo Sat 31-May-14 10:03:45

You spring chicken! Better duck, there's a tench heading for you!!

Seriously, if you've not been tested for a while, it might be worth checking out, but 6 months is still "normal" however bloody annoying. I thought there was something wrong with me when it took 3 months to conceive DS2 blush... Every cycle feels like it's 49 days long!

Justonemoretime Sat 31-May-14 09:52:52

I know, thanks ladies. We've been trying for 6 months this time, with one month off in the middle for prof Q's clinic. I'm 38 and beginning to wonder if my eggs are scrambled. Overall we've been trying overall since Nov 2011, our first would have been 2 in June and I'm feeling like it will never end. I think fish slaps are definitely in order...

Tryingno1 Sat 31-May-14 08:21:09

How long have u been trying for this time just?

I am not looking fwd to ttc again I become obsessed! Must stay cool this time!

tannyLoo Sat 31-May-14 07:49:12

Just we might need to import some fish slaps! It will happen for you, I believe that!

It was fucking painful! Apparently everyone is different. I nearly jumped out of the chair!

Justonemoretime Sat 31-May-14 07:31:36

Glad you felt it was so positive Tanny, hope it wasn't too uncomfortable.
Trying, I agree with the TV and ice cream, wishing you a speedy recovery.
I'm convinced I am now infertile and it will never happen. Need to snap out of it! :/

Tryingno1 Fri 30-May-14 23:43:43

Tanny glad u got something constructive from the appt. something to focus on and hope next time is the lucky one under his care.
I've watched so many shit films and eaten so much icecream tonight! Plan to continue the same all weekend

tannyLoo Fri 30-May-14 21:38:57

Trying sorry lovey, somehow I missed your post. I hope you start to recover a bit now. I've not had one of those for quite a while, but I remember being wiped out and a bit spacey for a couple of days. Box sets and ice cream is called for...

tannyLoo Fri 30-May-14 21:34:00

Oh, I've just got back to wifi to find all of you have been thinking about me. So touched. Really.

I saw Prof Brosen (Prof B) rather than Prof Q. I've read quite a few of his articles so was a bit in awe. He thinks that my history makes it highly likely that I will benefit from their treatment plan. It made me cry to hear him talk about me as a "typical" mc sufferer.

Results should be back in 4 weeks and I'll have a phone consultation after that.

JBrd if you can afford to go, I think it is good to look into, when you're ready. Sounds tough with your DH. Mine is a big soft heart on your sleeve kind of guy so I'm afraid I have nothing to offer on that one, apart from to make sure you communicate your feelings to him.

Tiny it'll be really interesting to hear what your experience is.

Baking I kept talking about you! Your ears must have been burning!

Just really hoping it works this month...

Well fuck me I'm knackered. Six hours driving after a restless nights sleep. I need bed!

Tryingno1 Fri 30-May-14 16:02:18

Hi all
Just had my d and c. Belugh. Am feelin ok and hopefully I can start moving on now

Jbrd-I'm sorry about how ur feeling. I can only imagine. I suppose it's still so soon after your latest loss your dh might need more time to see how he feels? I sometimes worry my dh will want to stop at some point and I feel like I never will stop and I worry what it will mean if we come to that place....I say for you wait a little longer and give him more time to grieve and see how he feels in time?
When r u seeing the midwife? Although u don't want to discuss things again it's important for your closure maybe? ad sometimes discussing it can be important to deal with the loss head on...much easier go bury head in sand sometimes.

Hope baking u and faith and doing well smile ur very lovely coming on here givin other people advice still. Hope it enjoying ur well deserved little one
Waves to everyone and apologies if I don't make full sense I'm still post general

X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now