Ovulation after early miscarriage

(15 Posts)

Hi all, firstly i'm sorry for all of your losses.
I had an early miscarriage at the end of december - i was 5 weeks. And while i'm still feeling pretty shite about it all, I feel that it has only heightened my desire for a baby. With this in mind i wanted to get cracking again straight away.
How soon after did you ovulate? I've started using cb opks, and so far nothing. I'm currently on cd 14 (counted first day of bleed as cd1). Can I expect this cycle to ovulate later than normal? I usually get highs around cd12 and then peak between cd15-16.

Ruggle Mon 13-Jan-14 15:38:00

Hi

I had a mc at 5 weeks in November. I had some ic opks and got a positive on cd14, which was really early for me as I have a long cycle generally lasting 36 days. It was pretty accurate because we only dtd once around then and I am now 9+4...

Good luck!

Tutti Mon 13-Jan-14 18:07:00

This gives me hope xxx I am still bleeding ... On day 5 of miscarriage ... Mentally feels like a month (sad) but am desperate to ttc straight away ... Got opk sticks and trying for a baby vitamins .. Got everything crossed ...

I'm really worried i'm not going to ovulate now.... Been reading that some women dont during their first cycle after a mc. And seeing 'lows' for the last four days isnt helping! I really want to be one of these women who get upduffed straight away.
Hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy Ruggle.
tutti sending you a big hug, dont be too hard on yourself, but i know its hard. XX

eurochick Mon 13-Jan-14 20:52:32

My cycle came back really quickly - I think I ovulated two days later than usual. It's normal for it to take longer than that though.

DownstairsMixUp Mon 13-Jan-14 20:53:25

Hi english i had an mc in Sepember 2013 but had an erpc. I ovulated 4 weeks after the mc and period was two weeks after that. It was quite heavy so if you don't conceive first month it may be a little heavier than usual. Sorry about your loss.

Thanks ladies... All your responses are making me feel a little better. Realistically I know it could take a while, but I'm incredibly impatient. Finally got a flashing smiley on my opk today.

deuscat Tue 14-Jan-14 08:32:32

English - I also mc in December on Christmas Day sad I was 7+3. Sorry to hear of your loss. I've also been very keen to get back ttc straight away (wasn't at first but changed my mind last week!) and have been wondering about ovulation. I only go by ewcm and I have noticed that this first cycle seems to only be a few days behind the normal cycle. Unless my body is playing tricks on me.

Good luck!

Sorry for your loss also deuscat. If a mc wasn't bad enough, the timing makes it doubly hard. I started bleeding while we had visitors over for NYE. To say I wasn't in the party mood is an understatement.
I don't really get much cm so can't really go by that so I temp and use OPKs.. Think my body is finally heading in the right direction now.
Good luck with TTC, I truly hope you get a happy ending soon x

Tutti Tue 14-Jan-14 18:32:27

English ...I am vv impatient too ... The thought I won't catch this monthconfused

But I have to be realistic ... And know that I probably won't ...

It's hard to believe that 3 weeks ago I was in shock and disbelief that I was pregnant ... And now the sadness and desolation I feel .... It's become all consuming to get pregnant again ... I browse conception sites , egg meets sperm etc ... I browse prams, car seats etc ... I have become obsessed..... And yet I can't stop confusedconfused

And in it all I am still losing the slightest amount of blood ... And along with it my hopes and dreams for what could have been .... But living on hope that we will catch again soon ....

But I fear my age goes against me ...

I just felt like the cruellest trick has been played on me .... Crying again... Which is at the minute the norm confused

lucyfluff Tue 14-Jan-14 19:17:56

Hi english, I MC in October at around the same stage as you. We desperatly wanted to try again but it took six weeks to get proper AF. I still think I ov'ed as had normal symptoms but had odd days of bleeding and have since learned its often called a wtf cycle!!!

My GP said it can take up to six weeks to return and it did.

The following cycle I concieved again smile so it can deffo happen again quickly.

AnAdventureInCakeAndWine Tue 14-Jan-14 19:22:28

After ERPC I ovulated a week later than normal; after other early mc I ovulated more-or-less at normal time. But this can vary from one woman to another.

bigbaddomswife Tue 14-Jan-14 19:24:09

I was 38 and had a miscarriage after 8months of trying for DC2. It happened at 11 weeks. The very next cycle I fell Pregnant and we now have lovely DS1 : ) It happened to us so all the best to you X

bigbaddomswife Tue 14-Jan-14 19:26:31

Oh and my next cycle after my MC (when I fell pregnant), I ovulated at the same time.

WhatWillSantaBring Tue 14-Jan-14 19:28:30

Hi there, I'm very sorry for your loss. A mc is shit in every way, but you will get there.

Can I recommend the TTC after MC thread on the Conception board? There is lots of advice and hand holding, but the perceived wisdom there is that the first cycle can be a real WTF cycle, and almost impossible to predict (even with OPKs). Lots of people do conceive, but success seems to be greater in the next cycle.

Have faith that you will have a successful pg soon xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now