Miscarried on first baby

(5 Posts)
vicki2122 Thu 02-Jan-14 20:05:28

Its nice to finally talk to some one thats knows what im going thou thats what my husband said he has to be strong for me i might buy a plant or something thank you

bakingtins Thu 02-Jan-14 19:56:45

Men often react very differently. He probably feels he has to be the strong one for you. It is very sad and it's ok to grieve, just as you would for any other person that died. It's a strange and often unacknowledged grief and because you have none of the normal rituals you can feel a bit cast adrift, but you'll find a way through it. Some sort of memorial seems to help (piece of jewellery, plant something, write a letter, buy a charity gift)

vicki2122 Thu 02-Jan-14 19:18:15

It all happened so quick blood come sunday and was painful til tuesday evening i felt pressure on my tummy and passed lots of blood and clots.

I felt really numb like someone died it was so very scary and i wasn't sure what happened cos i have never miscarried before my husband hasn't said anything about it or even shed a tear but im sure deep down it hurts.

I keep crying because im sad that its happened all so quick.hmm

bakingtins Thu 02-Jan-14 18:29:41

Hi vicki it's normal to grieve the loss of a baby, even if you hadn't realised you were pregnant before the loss. It must be particularly hard if you've been TTC for a long time. Feeling guilty is also v common but it really wasn't your fault.
Do you want to share a bit more about what happened? It's not v clear from your first post and just writing it all down often helps a bit.

vicki2122 Thu 02-Jan-14 08:41:08

Im 28 husband 30 been ttc for 2 years period come and thou it was just another period disappointed of course.

But i had a miscarriage 2 days ago dont no i was pregnant til then but feel guilty cos im entrusted with a gift that i lost. Is it normal to grieve for something you never knew you had.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now