Anxious tonight

(12 Posts)
stargirl1701 Sat 11-Jan-14 12:54:41

Well I am supposed to be 9 weeks today. I wonder if I am. No pg symptoms today at all. hmm Booking in appt in 4 days.

champagnegoldfinch Sun 05-Jan-14 21:57:53

fantastic news!

bakingtins Fri 03-Jan-14 19:28:29

Good news! Breathe a huge sigh of relief.

stargirl1701 Fri 03-Jan-14 16:23:16

GP just called. My blood work shoes exposure to parvovirus in the past and a full immune response to the virus. There should be no risk to the embryo.

12 days to go until my booking in appt.

Thank you all for your kind words.

stargirl1701 Fri 03-Jan-14 12:08:02

Thank you goldfinch.

I found this

www.hpa.org.uk/webc/HPAwebFile/HPAweb_C/1294740918985

A lot of information. 15% chance of infection in the embryo if I don't have immunity. 14-21 days incubation which means symptoms could begin between Monday this coming week and the one after.

champagnegoldfinch Fri 03-Jan-14 11:14:48

Oh, you poor thing. This waiting must be terrible for you <holds hand>

stargirl1701 Fri 03-Jan-14 11:12:28

Phoned again. No results. Then the receptionist phoned me back. Thinks it'll be Monday. I am crying.

stargirl1701 Fri 03-Jan-14 10:18:49

Thank you. I just phoned the GP and the results are still not back. I could cry. I need to know. It's been 9 days of worry and anxiety and I need to know.

I had an early scan with DD as I really wasn't coping. I was having extremely violent nightmares about my Mum stabbing me in the stomach in a taxi then throwing me out the back or finding her in her bedroom having been hacked to death. Very vivid and detailed. I'm not that back yet this time.

I think I'll phone every hour today.

bakingtins Thu 02-Jan-14 20:27:13

Good luck for your results. It's v hard dragging yourself through first trimester after suffering a MC. In your shoes, irrespective of the result, I'd take the opportunity to lay it on thick about how anxious you are and beg GP for an early scan. If not, they are c £70-80 privately. If you have a positive scan at 8 weeks MC risk drops to 3%. Might be worth it to tide you over until 12 weeks?

stargirl1701 Wed 01-Jan-14 16:00:10

Thank you for the flowers. Congrats on your baby - not too long to go now!

My second pg resulted in DD so I keep comparing this pg to that one. My symptoms were like clockwork. I felt nauseous from 4pm until 2am from around week 7 until 12+4. This just feels like the first pg.

My thoughts are all if...if there is a baby alive at the scan...if a baby comes in Aug...if...

I'm not peeing, I'm not nauseous, my breasts feel normal, I'm not tired, it doesn't feel like I'm pg at all. hmm

Rockchick1984 Wed 01-Jan-14 14:02:17

Good luck for the results thanks

Regarding symptoms, its normal for them to come and go, it's something to do with hormone surges I think but it's not typical to feel symptoms constantly.

I had one healthy pregnancy, followed by a MMC at 12 weeks, and I'm now 32 weeks with DC2. First time I wasn't worried at all, but this time I spent the first 12 weeks constantly terrified and knicker-checking, gradually after 12 weeks this has levelled down to a more normal level of worrying!

stargirl1701 Tue 31-Dec-13 20:21:16

I'm 7 weeks pg. 8 days ago I was exposed to parvovirus B19. I found out about this exposure on Christmas Day. I had a blood sample taken on Friday 27th and I am waiting to hear if I have immunity. The results won't be available until Friday 3rd. The virus can cause mc in the first 20 weeks.

I have such a bad feeling about this pg. My first pg was a missed mc at 11 weeks (the embryo hadn't developed beyond 5 weeks). My pg symptoms this time come and go. I've had tender breasts and nausea but not consistently. Every time I pop to the loo I'm checking for blood. I can't shake my negative feelings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now