No period since miscarrage

(5 Posts)
Tia2005 Fri 20-Dec-13 22:40:03

I had a miscarriage on
24 /11 and I've still not had my period I'm about 4 days late .is this normal thanks

I had a mc at the start of September and still haven't had a natural AF! I was told 4 to 6 weeks was normal.

bakingtins Sat 21-Dec-13 07:40:20

4-6 weeks normal, and anything up to 3 months after an ERPC before they do anything.
I've normally been a week late, but everyone is different. Your cycle has to reset itself once the HCG is negative.
If you've had unprotected sex this cycle you might want to take a test, but don't get your hopes up too much, it's normal to be 'late'

HollyBen Sat 21-Dec-13 08:27:45

Everyone is different. I had my first af 79 days (11 and a a half weeks) after my erpc in September. The wait felt endlesssad Hope you don't have long to wait

bushmills Sat 21-Dec-13 16:36:40

I had an ERPC on 18th November. I bled everyday for 4 1/2 weeks and then last week I got my AF - although I think it was what they call an altered AF. I did go to hospital because of the continual bleeding and they did see that I had ovulated and AF was on her way. I had a heavy period but only for 3 days. Everyone really is different. As above, I was told originally 4-6 weeks after ERPC but it depends on how far along you were, and therefore how high your HCG levels were etc. I had a mmc, baby died at 10 1/2 weeks and my pregnancy test was still positive 4 weeks after ERPC. Finally negative after 5 weeks and AF a few days later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now