Chemical confusion

(4 Posts)

Opk positive as in a strong second line rather than positive ov test iykwim. I NEVER get any sort of second line on those until about 3 days before I ov.

Hi baking yes I just so happened to test 5 mins before the dr rang me with results. I had a very strong positive on an opk and stil a faint positive on the hpt hence I so confused. Surely a chemical pregnancy is out of your body quicker than this?
I've just been to town and bought 2 more tests which I was going to do one tomorrow and one Monday. Of the Monday one is still positive I'll get my bloods done.
Like you say, I'm in limbo at the moment.

Bakingtins Thu 19-Dec-13 11:57:42

Have you done another test since Monday? It's a bit odd for hormones to hang around for a long time after an early loss, it's generally the higher they were to start with the longer they take to fall to zero IYSWIM.
There are many possible scenarios - you could have lost a twin and still be pregnant, you could have some retained material that is still secreting hormone, you may not have miscarried (not all bleeds lead to miscarriage). The doctor is quite right to keep an eye on how long you test positive for and send you for a scan next week if hormones haven't settled. I know the waiting in limbo is really tough. Hope you get a good outcome.

Hi there

Last month I had what is apparently known as a 'chemical' pregnancy.
I found out I was pregnant on the Saturday, started bleeding on the Thursday, negative on the Friday. The bleeding lasted 5 days, the last 2 days just spotting, but enough to wear a pad.

This month I ovulated exactly as if my first day of the bleeding was day 1 of my period and again caught.
I tested positive last Tuesday and started bleeding reddish brown on Saturday, then red Sunday until Monday afternoon then spotting.
I was still testing positive by Monday and had all the usual symptoms (I already have a 2 year old) so I booked to go to the dr Tuesday to see if I was still pregnant.
Blood tests came back yesterday saying that my hcg was low and for how far I was along, it was negative. But, if I was still testing positive next Monday I am to go in for another blood test to see if my levels are rising, if so I'd be sent for a scan.

Thing is I just feel pregnant still. I've got this icky metal taste still that is stronger than ever, I keep blacking out when I stand up, my head is all over like baby brain, I've got feelings in my belly, I feel sick, I'm exhausted, semi heartburn, diarrhoea this morning, no appetite at all etc etc. I just feel pregnant. Maybe the hormones are hanging about a bit longer than last time perhaps?

Do any of you think there is any hope?
Have any if you had a similar thing?
How did it turn out?

Sorry for the long post, I'm just so confused at how long the hormones and symptoms are around after last month.

Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now