Trying again

(8 Posts)
basgetti Wed 18-Dec-13 20:12:03

Thanks everyone. I think I will wait until I've had one period and then just see what happens. The doctor looked at my ovaries on the scan and commented that I had lots of eggs! So I'm hopeful.

bonzo77 Wed 18-Dec-13 19:59:05

Sorry for your loss. As I came round from the anaesthetic from my ERPC I asked the nurse when I could start trying... she said wait till I got home! Actually, my GP said wait till I'd had a negative pregnancy test, so as to be sure that any BFP was the result of a new pregnancy. We did start trying asap, and we were pregnant after 4 months. He's one now. Do expect your cycles to be a bit weird initially.

Hessy Wed 18-Dec-13 19:56:56

I was told to wait for one AF to arrive. I understand this is to do with being able to date the pregnancy accurately should you conceive. Dating scans should be able to do this anyway though?

I have also read about (possibly anecdotal?) evidence that you are more fertile after a mc. Best of luck.

So sorry for your loss.

Iwillorderthefood Wed 18-Dec-13 19:55:04

We did not wait and conceived immediately. She is in bed waiting for tomorrow as she is going to stay for hot dinner at school for the first time.

You can be very fertile after a miscarriage.

Bakingtins Wed 18-Dec-13 19:51:21

If you are emotionally ready I don't think there is any reason to wait more than one period. Be prepared that cycles can sometimes be a bit screwy for a few months (as in varying length) but nothing that a bit of ov-tracking can't help you with.

Witchesbrewandbiscuits Wed 18-Dec-13 19:28:35

btw sorry about the mc. look after yourself thanks

Witchesbrewandbiscuits Wed 18-Dec-13 19:27:55

I think its a personal thing. it can take some people a few months to feel "normal" physically and mentally. if your periods are normal ( excessive bleeding can occur for a few mths sometimes) and you feel ready in your mind then its up to you. allow your body to readjust to not being preg. this might be 1mth for some,6 for others. see how you feel.

basgetti Wed 18-Dec-13 19:22:23

Hi all. I had a scan today to check that the miscarriage I had been managing at home had completed. Everything had gone and I was pleased about this as we are keen to try again as soon as possible. (It is strange as my pregnancy was a shock but now I feel desperately broody!)

But the doctor said today that I should wait for at least 2 or 3 periods before trying again. All the other information says one period is enough. Does anyone have any advice on this? I should have questioned him at the time but it only occurred to me afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now