Help and advice please - is the the end?

(29 Posts)
AlwaysDancing1234 Sun 15-Dec-13 22:21:58

Had an awful day, I am 12 weeks with DC2. I felt normal all day up until 4:30pm when I felt like a pop sensation and had to rush to toilet as I gushed with blood. It was bright red watery sort of blood, would estimate half a pint came out in those first few minutes, no clots or lumps though (sorry if tmi). Panicked (mother was here and panicked me even more) so DH called ambulance and they took me to A&E. Still bleeding but not as bad. Hospital took bloods and gave fluids and I have scan at 12:30pm tomorrow, seems forever away. Doctor said they don't really know what's happening. When I had scan at 6 weeks all was fine except 2 large ovarian cysts. Is it possible that one of the cysts 'popped' and baby is ok or does this sound like miscarriage. Doctors didn't say either way except don't panic and wait for scan but I just want to know if this sounds like a miscarriage as I've never experienced anything like this before.
Thanks for reading and sorry if this is garbled.

AlwaysDancing1234 Tue 17-Dec-13 10:03:52

Thanks Rockchick, I am only booked in for 20 week scan as normal, as long as the bleeding stays settled down and stops or is just spotting like it is now they will leave it at that (8 weeks is SUCH a long time to wait). I have midwife and docs appointment early January to follow up. If anything should happen in the meantime I have to go straight to hospital EPU for emergency scan but hoping I won't need that.

Rockchick1984 Tue 17-Dec-13 08:38:42

Oh Always that's wonderful news!!! Will they give you another scan for your peace of mind?

AlwaysDancing1234 Tue 17-Dec-13 04:40:59

Thankyou everyone. I'm still going to be worrying constantly until the bleeding stops completely (still light bleeding on and off) but we are hoping it's all going to be ok

VegasIsBest Mon 16-Dec-13 21:54:38

Great news. Hope you keep well

Parsley2506 Mon 16-Dec-13 20:49:26

This is brilliant news Always!!, sincere hopes for your continuing happy, healthy pregnancy grin

AlwaysDancing1234 Mon 16-Dec-13 16:50:35

Thank you calilark smile

calilark Mon 16-Dec-13 15:51:32

ohhhh yayayayayay so pleased for you!!

AlwaysDancing1234 Mon 16-Dec-13 15:19:08

Thanks Trooper and Ruggle as soon as I saw the baby moving on the scan I just sobbed and sobbed with relief, felt silly for weeping and wailing afterwards but sonographer was lovely and calmed me down. Nothing I can do now except rest and hope

Ruggle Mon 16-Dec-13 14:50:46

Oh so pleased for you!!! I just shed a little tear of joy (though I blame my preggy hormones!)

smile

Trooperslane Mon 16-Dec-13 14:39:46

Yaaayyyy! Was reading the thread earlier and didn't have time to post, so glad I came back to check and you're ok grin

What a shock though thanks

AlwaysDancing1234 Mon 16-Dec-13 14:12:12

I can't stomach coffee/tea at the moment but rest and cake sound good OddFodd! thank you

OddFodd Mon 16-Dec-13 14:01:51

If it doesn't get worse over the next day or so, I'd say you're in the clear.

My bleeding lasted about 24 hours or so and they have no idea what caused it. I was also told to rest so I think it's an excellent excuse to sit on your bum with brew and cake

AlwaysDancing1234 Mon 16-Dec-13 13:33:30

Thank you everyone. There is nothing we can do other than watch and wait and hope that the bleeding stops and doesn't lead to anything else. Im ordered to just sit and rest lots, off work til January now anyway. I'm trying to take comfort in the fact the bleed is outside of the baby's water sac and not coming from the placenta or anything like that. Still horrible and scary but at least now we have some hope. Thank you all for your support, wisdom and kind words. It means a lot

CoffeeQueen187 Mon 16-Dec-13 13:26:13

That's brilliant news!

I had something similar with ds1, except the other baby didn't come out, it stayed in there through my while pregnancy and came out just after, a very healthy, ds1. I had miscarried it at about 11 weeks. Hope this is some kind of consellation.

Ds1 is now 7 smile

Bakingtins Mon 16-Dec-13 13:21:22

Great news Always grin

OddFodd Mon 16-Dec-13 13:19:38

YAY smile smile

Oops - sorry for shouting. So pleased for you although it does sound a bit worrying still.

Is there anything they can do or is it just and wait and cross your fingers very hard?

PacificDingbat Mon 16-Dec-13 13:18:04

Oh wow, wonderful news smile, Always!

I have to confess I was rather worried for your pregnancy.
Will you be rescanned in a little while?

Fingers crossed for you and your bean.

AlwaysDancing1234 Mon 16-Dec-13 13:14:30

The baby is ok! We arrived early and I told them I was bleeding so they got us in quickly to see the sonographer. Straight away we saw the baby on the screen and it's ok. She did all checks and measurements and baby is fine, right size, wiggling about and we heard the heartbeat. Me and DH cried our eyes out with relief. The cause of the bleed is a anterior subchorionic haemorrhage. As I had 2 ovarian cysts it could have been that there were 2 babies originally and now one. We are not out of the woods yet but a lot happier now than last night. Just hope this little one manages to hold on. Thank you all for your support earlier.

OddFodd Mon 16-Dec-13 10:44:25

I'm sorry, that doesn't sound great sad

There's not a lot they can do I'm afraid. I wouldn't go to A&E if I were you - they left me sitting in a bloody covered skirt in reception which was pretty grim and not an experience I'd recommend

I'd stay home close to your loo if I were you and use big pads when you have to go for your scan.

AlwaysDancing1234 Mon 16-Dec-13 10:40:45

Oh God I just rushed to the loo as felt another gush and a big glob of blood fell out in to the toilet. I think this is bad. I rang the hospital but they can't see me any earlier than 12:30 for planned scan but not sure if I should go to A&E? Lots of blood and some light cramps or will I just be wasting their time

AlwaysDancing1234 Mon 16-Dec-13 09:51:12

Thank you Pacific and OddFodd for your replies. I'm trying to prepare for the worst but hoping for a miracle. Just started bleeding a little bit again. Just over 2 hours until scan now so at least we'll know either way. Thank you for your kind thoughts x

OddFodd Mon 16-Dec-13 09:26:07

AlwaysDancing - I had a miscarriage at 14 weeks and then a big gush of watery bloody like you describe with my next pregnancy when I was 15 weeks. They were very different - as Ruggle says, the miscarriage was very painful and there lots of clots.

The gush was as you describe and DS is now nearly 7 smile Fingers crossed for you - can you keep busy this morning to make the time pass more quickly?

PacificDingbat Mon 16-Dec-13 09:24:16

I am sorry you are going through this and good look with your scan.

Tbh, you are describing a fair bit of blood having been lost and that is very unlikely to be from an ovarian cyst. I think you need to hope for the best but be prepared for bad news sad.

Having said that, I bled several times with DS2 and it turned out I had placenta praevia. He is now 9.

V best of luck to you.

AlwaysDancing1234 Mon 16-Dec-13 09:20:51

Thank you calilark, I really hope so. Got the scan today at 12:30 and it can't come around soon enough. Bleeding tailed off last night and has stopped completely now. Just a tiny bit of brown blood when I wipe. I am hoping and praying we make it through this. Thank you both for your replies.

calilark Mon 16-Dec-13 01:48:50

i had a massive bleed at 11 weeks - we timed 35 mins of bright red blood just literally pouring out of me. DD was 5 months yesterday. You could be ok, fingers firmly crossed for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now