Lost my baby today

(55 Posts)
PaulaFletch14 Fri 06-Dec-13 14:42:18

This was my first pregnancy, I'm 39 and it took a year to conceive. Me and my partner were so happy. Last week I had a scan and we saw baby's heartbeat. It was amazing. Today I had a scan and no heartbeat. I can't stop crying and we're heartbroken. Hospital tomorrow for medical management.

I'm funding it difficult as my partner has two daughters from his first marriage. I feel resentful that he has kids with someone else. Is this normal or am I a cow?

Feel alone, even though partner very supportive.

Mouldypineapple Thu 02-Jan-14 20:56:02

Sorry to hear you had hard day but really it's still early days in your recovery. Only you will know when it's the right time to try ttc again, go easy on yourself.
I had a mc about 5 years ago. Had wanted another child for many years although luckily fell pregnant quickly once the rest of my life got in shape! (have an 18 year age gap between my girls) Was absolutely devastated to lose the baby, took it really hard. However with the help of supportive dh and some counselling slowly got there. Once I was back to work so many people told me they had had mc too, never would have known otherwise which in a weird way is good to know many more people understand.
I got pregnant nearly 3 months after mc and luckily now have DD who is 4.
Recently I had to have a medical procedure in the same hospital where I had my mc and I really struggled to walk past the (now closed) A+E where i went on the day without bursting into tears so you feeling like that after only a few weeks is quite normal.

Mouldypineapple Thu 02-Jan-14 21:00:29

Also wanted to say when we started ttc after the mc I was really nervous and although luckily did get pregnant quite easily then did feel a lot more anxious throughout that pregnancy, particularly early on but to some degree all the way through. I think counselling is a great idea, I was lucky to find a good counsellor through my GP, sometimes you may need to speak to more than one to find someone you can feel at ease with.
Good luck, fingers crossed for you.

morethanpotatoprints Thu 02-Jan-14 21:02:13

Sorry to hear your sad news, you aren't a cow my love.
Be kind to yourself, it was nobodies fault. thanks

PaulaFletch14 Fri 03-Jan-14 17:58:23

Thanks for for the link Parsley. It is horrible isn't it. Thank you for the link as I will continue to post as now I know physically I'm ok will TTC soon.

Your experience in EPU sounds similar to what happened to me and my DP when we left the hospital after my miscarriage we walked out the door facing heavily pregnant woman smoking. I felt like screaming at her.
Hope we all have healthy pregnancies next time x

PaulaFletch14 Fri 03-Jan-14 18:00:50

Hi mouldypineapple
Thanks for your posts
I'm having some counselling through Occ health at work as I haven't been offered any during miscarriage

My DP is amazing and incredibly supportive. I couldn't get through without him

Best wishes x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now