pregnant after 2mc & now threatened mc

(9 Posts)
alicebear Sat 26-Oct-13 10:28:07

Just wondering if there are any success stories after threatened mc?
This is my third pg this year after a mmc in Apr & a 7wk mc in Jul. I'm only 5+5 & yesterday aft suddenly had some fairly heavy bleeding. Was very lucky that my consultant was able to scan me & we saw the pregnancy looks fine for dates & he could see the area of bleeding but it is well away from where the pregnancy is developing.

I've started cyclogest & the bleeding has almost stopped. I know it's just a case of taking it easy & time will tell but any positive stories or tips to make time speed up would be much appreciated! Having another scan in about 12 days unless other hiccups before.

Bakingtins Sat 26-Oct-13 19:03:46

Sorry Alice, it's an awful feeling to be in that position. I'm on pregnancy 7, and this is the first one I haven't bled in touch wood, cross everything and have had 2 successes and 4 failures. With Ds2 I bled pretty much every day for 6 weeks. I've been on Cyclogest since before I got my BFP this time, I'm sure it is helping.
Take it easy and try to stay positive until your scan.

purple84 Mon 28-Oct-13 12:44:05

Alice Sorry for your losses and I keep my fingers crossed for you with this pregnancy xx

I had 1 mmc then 3 mc's and I am currently on pregnancy number 5, I am currently 2 days overdue so going very well with this pregnancy.
At the very beginning of this pregnancy I had 3 bleeds, at 9wk, 10wks and 15wks.

Good luck and I hope this is the sticky one for you x

alicebear Wed 30-Oct-13 14:33:59

Thanks for your replies baking & purple.
I'm so sorry for your losses. It is such an awful thing to go through but when you want the right end result so badly you just want to keep trying.
Things have settled down here. It's just a long long wait until the next scan.
I wish you both lots of luck.

Bakingtins Wed 30-Oct-13 18:23:05

Fingers crossed you get good news at your next scan - about a week to wait?

alicebear Wed 30-Oct-13 20:23:48

Thanks baking. Yes I should be being scanned a week from now exactly. Can't come soon enough. Wish it was earlier in the day.
How about you? When is your next scan?

Bakingtins Wed 30-Oct-13 21:07:32

Tomorrow hmm

alicebear Thu 31-Oct-13 08:53:35

Good luck. Really hope all is well.

purple84 Thu 31-Oct-13 11:26:09

Good luck to you both, the wait is the worse bit, going through all sorts of emotions xx
Fingers crossed for sticky babies xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now