Referral to Recurrent Miscarriage Clinic..?

(5 Posts)
recall Sat 19-Oct-13 01:25:13

My friend is 40, and has mc 6 times in the past 7 years. Her consultant said she would try to refer her to the Recurrent Miscarriage Clinic at either Warwick or London (St Mary's I presume ) but she may now be too old to be referred.

If this is the case, can she pay privately ? If so, does anyone have an idea of how much this may cost ?

kitchendiner Sat 19-Oct-13 08:22:40
squizita Sat 19-Oct-13 12:17:19

Yes, St Mary's does have private services - google them. You can email for a price list but it comes out between £300-£1200 depending on complexity of issues. Their recommended treatments can then be done on the NHS. Such a shame it took 7 years. sad I am with St Mary's after 1 year, it really seems to be a postcode lotto!

Bakingtins Sat 19-Oct-13 13:53:51

I would suggests she stamps her feet first! She should have been referred after three miscarriages when presumably her age would not have been an issue angry
We paid £280 for a consultant appointment and in the end our investigations have cost approx £1000, though I did get a lot of the recommended blood tests done by my GP, it would be a lot more if I'd also had to pay for them privately.
I was referred on from local consultant gynaecologist to Prof Quenby who I saw in Coventry but I think she heads up the clinic in Warwick. She is very good.

recall Sun 20-Oct-13 02:36:36

Thank you so much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now