here comes number 4

(17 Posts)
TinyTear Fri 18-Oct-13 15:36:47

Had 3 miscarriages in 2010

then got referred to St Mary's for the tests at the recurrent miscarriage clinic - they all came back normal...
then fell pregnant and had my daughter who is now 20 months old...

try for ages for number 2, got pregnant after 9 months, and managed to convince my GP to send me to an early scan.

Today I should have been 7+5 and am measuring 5w... Sac seen but no yolk sac. there is a fetal pole but quite small. no heart beat of course...

I know my dates so I know this is the end.

Still they want me back next week for another scan to make sure... I just want my ERPC and get it over and done with.

My last MC was natural and i think I would rather have the surgery and closure more quickly...

I am 40. I don't know if this was my last chance. I don't know if I want to try again as the odds are so much against me...

SPBisResisting Fri 18-Oct-13 15:39:50

I'm so sorry sad

CinnabarRed Fri 18-Oct-13 15:40:50

Me too. sad

lighthousesea Fri 18-Oct-13 16:27:45

Lots of love

SoonToBeSix Fri 18-Oct-13 16:35:27

Am sorry please don't give up though , I was sure of my dates but it turned out I had ovulated on day 23 of my cycle. Everything was fine when I went for my second scan.

Handsfullandlovingit Fri 18-Oct-13 16:57:29

So terribly sorry for your loss. My Erpc was on Wednesday and physically it was very gentle. Hugs.

duvetheaven Fri 18-Oct-13 18:37:13

sorry to hear of your loss. The wait for the scan next week must feel like forever. I have just miscarried naturally which took 2 weeks but seemed like a long time as I can see why you would want the ERPC. Maybe after your current situation has passed you could decide then if you want to keep on trying or not? There is every chance you can conceive again but I know it's a double edged sword - it could bring great joy or disappointment. Today the doctor recommended I try 75 mg of aspirin next time I try and conceive. I am also going down the acupuncture route again as had two MC's before , and then my DD5 after trying acupuncture.
thanks

TinyTear Fri 18-Oct-13 20:12:14

Thanks everyone. I had an ERPC with my second mc so I remember how it was. Also had natural with the others so know what I'd prefer.

I will spend a few months just enjoying my daughter and then will maybe not try not prevent. Don't think I want to count days again.

Sigh...

The RMC didn't find anything wrong so there is nothing to take. Only thing was upping my thyroxine dose...

I might try and lose more weight as well when all this has passed and I stop comfort eating

Forester Fri 18-Oct-13 20:25:32

So sorry for you flowers.

squizita Sat 19-Oct-13 12:30:06

sad So, so sorry to hear this. It's a hard one (because with your DC you know your body CAN, but that recurrent miscarriage fear everytime the pink line on the test appears ... ).

Wishing you the best of luck if your 'don't prevent' plan results in another chance.

I hope this doesn't sound insensitive but ... by hearing your sad story, you've helped me in a way ... the fact you've got a DD has given me some hope as I've had 3 MC and no kids, but am with St Mary's. So glad they worked their magic for you to be a mother. flowers Hope you do get a bit more of that baby magic eventually too!! smile

Bakingtins Sat 19-Oct-13 13:47:56

Tiny I'm very sorry you are going through this. Squizita and I are regular posters on the RMC thread on this board which you are very welcome to join. I have 2 children and have had 4 miscarriages, all the standard tests were normal then I had another MC on the "can't hurt" treatments of progesterone, folic acid, aspirin and have since been diagnosed with high NK cells. All my MC have been at 8-10 weeks, several after a series of scans showing poor growth, weak HB etc. That's a typical pattern for immune issues. Happy to give more info if you want or see the "TTC/pregnant on pred" thread on the conception board, where the real experts reside. I appreciate you may not want to explore that road at the moment, but once the dust had settled on MC4 I was glad someone on here had raised it.

TinyTear Sat 19-Oct-13 17:41:40

Thanks squizita and Bakingtins
I might venture into the RMC thread soon...

Squizita, the good thing on being with St Mary's was that even though all was ok in the tests, when I got pregnant they scanned me at 6, 8, and 10 weeks before discharging me, so it was very reassuring with my daughter...

My history is:

10w start bleeding, then all the scans every 10 days being inconclusive and confusing and after nearly 2 months what happened was i miscarried at 10w and then conceived again straight away and that one stopped growing at 6w and then had an ERPC for closure... a few months later pregnant again and then at 8w bleeding and miscarried naturally there... then RMC investigations in St Mary's

Then my daughter...

Then now ttc for 9 months, had a chemical in March and now the 7w+5d
This one I wonder when I would have started bleeding (if I will start bleeding) as I had the scan for reassurance, not for any symptoms...

Thanks for the support everyone

TinyTear Tue 22-Oct-13 09:28:55

Typical!
Even though Friday after the scan I phoned to cancel it all, I just had a call to say I was late for my booking appointment.

If I was in my first mc I would be in floods of tears here at work...

can one department pass on the info to the other department?

mrsmootoo Tue 22-Oct-13 22:49:24

I had MC1, then normal full term pregnancy (age 36), then MC2, then normal full term pregnancy (age 39), then 4 more MC. Didn't think about getting checked for some reason, but went to lovely female locum GP with a splitting headache during last MC(it was iron deficiency - doh!) She sent me for a blood test and I had an underactive thyroid. This is exacerbated by pregnancy. Anyway I went on thyroxine for 6 months and had one more try and got pregnant at 43 - normal full-term pregnancy. Still on the thyroxine for life but it's an easy condition to manage - get your blood checked!

TinyTear Wed 23-Oct-13 06:43:11

I am, regularly, I am on 125mcg regularly and upped to 150mcg in pregnancy.

My wonder is what is the GP had upped the dose straight away without checking bloods and waiting for results and then me having to chase it all... i could have started the higher dose at 4+3 and didn't start till 5+2

mrsmootoo Wed 23-Oct-13 08:38:18

I hope that will help. They do increase your dose in pregnancy. Maybe if you stay on the higher dose now it will help. Good luck.

TinyTear Wed 23-Oct-13 09:09:38

yes, I might not go back to ask for a smaller dose, but I do need another prescription as I am running out in a week. hope they keep the 150

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now