Abdominal area still very bloated/big after surgical management

(3 Posts)
Luisa72 Wed 16-Oct-13 18:20:03

Is it normal for abs area to be bloated/big once miscarriage completed through surgical management? I'm feeling uncomfortable and still looking pregnant which isnt helpful for recovery. I guess the uterus takes a while to get back down to shape? But really aware of whilst walking. Not pain as such - more discomfort and def worse by end of day. Any ideas anyone?

Handsfullandlovingit Thu 17-Oct-13 11:56:31

I don't know, I have a belly left over too. I was very morning sick and dealt with it by eating carbs. Suspect its partly swelling and uterus, partly a project to be dealt with in time. My darling boss posting me chocolate won't help! Sending you many hugs.

Forester Thu 17-Oct-13 19:44:13

After my second ERPC (can't remember for first) I was back in the trousers that I hadn't been able to wear for the previous couple of weeks or so but not completely back to normal. (I did a bit of retail therapy three days after my ERPC but avoided trousers for that reason). I didn't feel uncomfortable.

I can see that you posted this on Wednesday so if still the same tomorrow (Friday) then it's probably worth a call to the GP or hospital.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now