Very upset by eprc this morning

(55 Posts)
Handsfullandlovingit Wed 16-Oct-13 15:54:56

I sadly lost my baby at 11 weeks. With other kids, the surgical management seemed sensible as could schedule parents coming from miles away to hold fort for a bit, bless them.

I am surprised by the sheer devastation of losing this tiny bean. I was doing so well, the odd wobble but being very brave and practical. Everybody was so kind, until I got to the anaesthetic room. The anaesthetist sailed in, huge grin on his face and happily declared "so, you are here for an abortion". I crumpled, sobbing to the assembled (aghast) medical team that we desperately wanted this darling baby, and begged him to read his notes in the future before coming in.

He didn't apologise, kept on smiling and changed the subject (later, the sweet surgeon was really apologetic) . Then he tried to get my drip in, repeatedly demanding I calm down and relax. It took a couple of attempts and I went to sleep and awoke sobbing.

How dare he. I chose this route to minimise distress. I am going to complain to the hospital. I suppose I'm posting this to check that it wasn't a terrible misunderstanding, does abortion have a medical meaning I'm unaware of?

On a positive note, the procedure and the anaesthetic were really fine, apart from dickhead anaesthetist. I am snuggled up with mild cramps and can have more ibuprofen soon! Thank you for reading, sorry to grumble.

Bakingtins Thu 24-Oct-13 07:39:51

Hope you make good your escape today. Being fed when you are an inpatient should not be an optional extra!
When you feel up to it, please do write and complain. It's only by forcing them to recognise how these thing impact on patients that anything will ever change.
On the flip side, we should also make a point of giving positive feedback if someone has done well or been caring. I am currently bring cared for at EPU, and since my first visit there in 2006 things have improved immeasurably.

marriedinwhiteisback Thu 24-Oct-13 08:06:19

I think your latest post might have outed you OP. Am a bit worried about you being vulnerable and have asked Mnet to delete it.

Love and hugs.

Handsfullandlovingit Thu 24-Oct-13 15:34:23

Good point married I have reported myself. Blame the drugs! I have Good News, my body did its thing yesterday, and I can go home. Whoop!

ZingNet Thu 24-Oct-13 17:16:15

I'm glad you can go home.

I wish you all the best. If you want me to pm you our TTC thread send me a PM today (I keep NC due to various events, so I don't know how long this one will last)

big hugs and take care of yourself! thanks

marriedinwhiteisback Thu 24-Oct-13 22:37:20

Good luck. Relax at home. Take care. PM me if it all gets a bit dark.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now