Blighted ovum, scared about Mifepristone...fed up...

(11 Posts)
Eddiethehorse Tue 15-Oct-13 18:24:51

Hi, I have a blighted ovum, am almost 8 weeks. We are devastated. I'm not in UK and a d+c will be expensive, I don't think I can go through a conservative miscarriage, so have ordered Mifepristone from a charity and it's being couriered over. It is illegal where I am.Now I'm so stressed about something happening and getting caught out with the delivery, although my obstetrician told me it happens often here (off the record). I'm worried about what will happen once I take it, despite reading and researching....I feel drained.....

Bakingtins Tue 15-Oct-13 18:53:04

Eddie how awful to be faced with those worries on top of losing your baby sad
Use a tampon to insert the pessaries, it holds them in the right place against your cervix. For me they kicked in 4-6 hours later and they cause strong cramps so you need to stock up on painkillers and maxi pads. I would think once you've taken the tablets there is nothing that could make anyone distinguish between a natural or medically managed miscarriage so would encourage you to access help if you are worried about pain or bleeding. Make sure you know who to call if you are concerned at any point.
I'm so sorry that an already horrible experience is being made worseby your healthcare system sad

duvetheaven Tue 15-Oct-13 19:43:58

Sorry you are in such a difficult situation Eddie. Good advice from Bakingtins. I have taken the pessaries previously for a blighted ovum a few years back and it was similar to a heavy period. I hope you can rest as it sounds like you have additional stress due to the laws in the country you are in. I hope you obtain your medication soon and take care thanks

Forester Tue 15-Oct-13 19:53:55

I don't have experience of a medial miscarriage (I opted for ERPC both times) but just wanted to send my sympathies. A MC is awful at the best of times without the added stress that you are under.

flowers

Chattycat78 Tue 15-Oct-13 22:31:56

Really sorry to hear your news Eddie. I was given the same news 4 days ago at an 8 week scan too. fingers crossed u get it through tomorrow and can get it all over with quick. At least know you're not going through this alonesmile

Eddiethehorse Wed 16-Oct-13 03:57:48

Thank you everyone. It feels better just being able to vent. I broke my wrist 6 weeks ago and was xrayed, I didn't know I was pregnant, I keep thinking maybe that caused this, even though 'it's one of those things'. The shipment should be here tomorrow, I'm tracking online, so only one more night of no sleep worrying about it. Thank you for the advice and I'm so sorry that you have all been through these horrible experiencesxx

Bakingtins Wed 16-Oct-13 06:44:44

It's a normal part of grieving to try and lay the blame at your own door, but it really wasn't your fault. Nothing you did or didn't do caused this. In most cases a chromosome problem that arise spontaneously with the egg or sperm or during fertilisation is the real culprit. Try not to entertain any guilt.
Hope your shipment arrives on time. We're here to hand hold as necessary.

Eddiethehorse Thu 17-Oct-13 04:52:26

Thank you Bakingtins. I'm trying not to, yesterday i was so angry, I feel a bit better today, I just made sure I had lots to do to try to stop thinking. No delivery yet.....

Chottie Thu 17-Oct-13 05:05:36

Just posting to wish you well. flowers

Eddiethehorse Sat 19-Oct-13 07:42:00

Pills have arrived this morning with no problems, the relief is incredible. Think you so much for your advice and support!x

Bakingtins Sat 19-Oct-13 13:29:49

Good luck Eddie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now