Period returning quickly after miscarriage!

(4 Posts)
cookielove Fri 11-Oct-13 14:45:38

Hello all, i was looking for some advice/support/information?

I found out on the 24th of September my baby had died at 8+6 sad and chose to have medical management to resolve this. (sorry i can't seem to say that in a nice way) I had my operation 11 days ago after the initial bleeding on the day of the operation, i suffered no more bleeding, or any pain, and woke up this morning to discover i had come on.

I was told that it would take 4-6 weeks for my period to come back, so it was quite a shock to find that my period had in fact come back rather early.

I just wanted to see if any one else had experienced this, i tried to Google it but all the links i found were about trying to get pregnant as quickly as possible after a miscarriage not about their periods return...

I could email my gp about it, but he didn't seem to care that i was pregnant in the first place so i can't imagine i'll get any helpful advice!

Thanks

Ruggle Fri 11-Oct-13 16:43:43

Sorry to hear that you have gone through this.
I didn't have medical management. I let nature take its course and bled for about a week and a half, and then AF arrived 5 weeks after that.
Generally I think you get your period as soon as your HCG levels have dropped back low enough for you to ovulate, and then I'm guessing a further 14 days, so it would seem a bit too soon for it to be your period.
If I were you I would bypass your GP and try to go back where you had your op and ask for a scan. It could be that you still had some clots left behind and you may bleed until they come out, but that's just a complete guess. best to get a medical opinion, but GPs don't tend to be any use.
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Forester Fri 11-Oct-13 19:49:52

I think this is an area where everyone is different but for me I bled for a bit over a week after my ERPC and my AF returned about a month later. I don't think there's any harm contacting the hospital if you don't think you'll get a very helpful response from your GP.

cookielove Sat 12-Oct-13 09:20:08

Will contact hospital.

I have done a pregnancy test which was bfn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now