Period already? Is it possible?

(4 Posts)
Bakingtins Thu 03-Oct-13 19:42:22

Cycle immediately following a MC is referred to as a "WTF?" cycle, because all sorts of weird things happen. Hopefully your hormones settle down in the next few weeks and you get back to more predictable cycles.

wispywoo1 Thu 03-Oct-13 19:37:31

Thanks bakingtins. I want to wait a few cycles anyway but just wanted to know what's going on. It's a confusing time isn't it!

Bakingtins Thu 03-Oct-13 19:18:14

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I think that's just stop-start bleeding, which is pretty normal. maybe you've been a bit more active today and dislodged some more. It's normal for bleeding after a Mc to last a couple of weeks and for period to take 4-6 weeks to show up, sometimes longer particularly after ERPC.
Have you been told to do a HPT in a week or so to check it's negative? It's useful as an indicator the miscarriage is complete with no retained products, and as a baseline so you know any future BFP is a new pregnancy and not residual hormones. Most people are advised to wait for one normal period before TTC again though this is mainly for dating purposes. I don't think I've ever ovulated that first cycle but obviously some women do because I know of lots who have got pregnant without having a period.

wispywoo1 Thu 03-Oct-13 16:54:00

on Wednesday evening last week I began misscarrying. I should have been 7 weeks. I've bled all week and it died off yesterday. I actually felt really well and had no other symptoms. Then today I started bleeding again but it really feels like day one of a period (I usually get a dull ache in my groin area). The blood is bright red and fresh - until now it had been getting darker. I don't even know why this matters to me.

I suppose I just want to know whether it's over and I'm back on track to normality. Can anyone shed any light on this. miscarriage wasn't (physically) as traumatic as I was expecting so maybe I'm getting a second wave?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now