am i going through another miscarriage?

(5 Posts)
mummyblues Tue 03-Sep-13 22:27:09

I had my second early natural m/c 5 weeks ago
I was given antibiotics as I had an infection and once all bleeding had stopped which was 2 1/2 weeks after start of m/c we ttc a couple of times.
I took a pregnancy test on Sunday which was positive then the next day I started to bleed.
Am I going through another miscarriage or was the positive test likely to be left over hcg hormones from previous pregnancy and I have started my period?
would the hcg levels last that long?
very confused sad

HeyUGuys Tue 03-Sep-13 22:38:34

It might be left over hormones, as i know they can stay for a while, i think if you were pg again it would prob be to early for a test to pick up. X

Bakingtins Wed 04-Sep-13 07:41:28

It can vary so difficult to be certain, but I doubt that HCG would stick around that long after an early loss. It has taken me three weeks to get a negative from losses at 8-10 weeks. It's possible you had some fragments of retained material which would continue to give you a positive until they were shed with your period, or it's possible that you conceived again. It 's very difficult to know what is going on in the aptly titled "what the f**k?" cycle. Are you testing negative now?
I'd speak to your GP about it and see what they say. If they think it's another loss you may be able to get the ball rolling on some testing. If it's still a positive test now, repeat HPT in a week to make sure it's negative and then you know where you are, and I'd also suggest you wait for at least one period to give your body a rest. If you are offered some tests you need not to be pregnant whilst those are carried out.
I'm sorry you are going through this, confusion about what is happening just adds to the upset.

mummyblues Wed 04-Sep-13 22:01:23

Thank you so much for the feedback!
I spoke to the doctor at the early pregnancy unit today and she said it sounds like an early miscarriage. She wants me to take a pregnancy test on Friday just to check and give her a call with the results. I will probably have to go in for a scan.
Things don't l

mummyblues Wed 04-Sep-13 22:01:43

Things don't look good sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now