Sex after MC

(7 Posts)
MortifiedAdams Tue 27-Aug-13 20:57:50

I miscarried at eleven weeks, one week ago today. Baby had stopped growing at eight weeks. Thanks to an incredibly supportive husband, and some great support on these boards, I feel I am recovering well.

Physically the pain has gone, my bleeding has stopped, and I no longer have any pregnancy symptoms. Emotionally, DH amd I feel strong, especially in the last two days or so. Any fresh emotion is arising feom telling friends and family as we see them.

I feel ready to resume our sex life, with contraceptives, and have a real urge to shag the pants off DH get intimate again. We dont have a particularly busy sex life, been together an age!! But we do enjoy the closeness it brings.

Is there any reason I should wait? I cant seem to see any concrete advice online and the docs never mentioned a wait time.

MortifiedAdams Tue 27-Aug-13 21:25:31

Anyone?

Purplefrogshoe Tue 27-Aug-13 21:37:10

You only have to wait until the bleeding stops the consultant told me so I think you will be fine smile

I miscarried at 9 weeks a fortnight ago. Bleeding stopped after a week and both DH a I wanted to start trying again as soon as possible. We had been TTC for a couple of years, so sex has become something of an obligation in recent times, but I really wanted to recover some of the intimacy. We started again 12 days after the MC. I have been a bit surprised by how frisky I am. blush

We are not using contraception. The only reason I could find for the general advice to wait until you've had a period before trying again is for dating purposes. I don't think that's a good enough reason to delay. We were told (by the fertility unit where i ad my scan to confirm the MC) that we could start trying again as soon as we felt ready. We both feel ready, so we have.

I have also been using OPKs to check for ovulation. Got a positive today, so feeling reassured that my body is getting back to normal.

goforthejobular Wed 28-Aug-13 00:34:46

Whenever you're ready OP. when I had a mmc and a d&c I waited as long as they advised. It may have been as long as 4 weeks but I can't remember. Just do what is right for you. smile

Thatssofunny Wed 28-Aug-13 09:04:38

The wait time is usually for dating purposes, as far as I know. I had some issues with my levels not dropping, so was waiting for first period to come along as a sign that things are getting back to normal. My period is about to finish and I got a negative pregnancy test earlier this week (checked again because my levels were still at 100+ three weeks ago when I last had a blood test done, and wanted to be sure that it is actually my period).
We'll be starting again this cycle and I intend to use opks as I've done previously. Feeling a bit frisky, too, which I hope is a good sign,...and so not like me at all. blush hmm
I was told to wait until the bleeding had stopped,..and that we could get started as soon as we were ready for it. (Mentally I was ready weeks ago, but my body wasn't quite agreeing with me.)

MortifiedAdams Wed 28-Aug-13 09:14:04

Thank you for the responses. We have already decided not to TTC til Christmas,as I want to make sure alk is back on track period wise, and everything is fulky recovered. Therefore jno need to wait for dating issues.

Marvellous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now