Helping a miscarriage along naturally - what can you do?

(5 Posts)
alrightenoughnow Sun 25-Aug-13 10:29:07

Very sorry if some people find this distasteful, but I've been in pain and bleeding for over a fortnight now and been told there's no medical management available at this point in time. The doctors want to let things happen naturally. They've explained why they think this is the best course of action for my particular case and I agree with them, but I just wondered if anyone had tried anything to help move things along? Herbs/acupuncture/vitamins, anything tried and been successful?
I'd be so grateful for any advice you can offer, this is really starting to get me down. I have to wait another two weeks before the hospital will see me again, I'd really like this to be over by then.

picpoul Mon 26-Aug-13 10:27:26

No advice I'm sorry but I'll be watching. My miscarriage hasn't even started yet although we know for certain that the pregnancy has failed. The waiting is awful, I just want it to be over. I really do feel for you.

alrightenoughnow Mon 26-Aug-13 17:36:22

Sorry that you're having to go through this too. Hopefully someone will be along with some helpful advice soon.

lifesgreatquestions Thu 29-Aug-13 16:56:41

Scans have always motivated mine but it sounds like you aren't being offered them? I also walked a lot at a fast pace as I was hoping the gravity and movement would help - not sure if it did but it probably helped me feel like I was doing something. Take care you both, it's an awful time, sorry you're going through it.

Lancashire21 Fri 30-Aug-13 10:07:39

Hello -I'm sorry you are having this horrible time.
I found that walking / exercise (if you feel able) helped start / move things on.
Take much care

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now