Is it normal to have a temperature during/ just after m/c ?

(7 Posts)
Happydust Fri 23-Aug-13 23:53:09

Hi everyone,

I have undergone medical treatment for mmc this week and I feel feverish. I just took my temperature and its 38.5 .. Should I be worried or is this normal?

Purplefrogshoe Fri 23-Aug-13 23:57:52

I think u should see doctor you may need antibiotics, I was told after ERPC if I developed a temp to see the doc, sorry for your loss

Zumbasmyfave Sat 24-Aug-13 07:13:16

I agree, see a dr that's quite a temp. Did they confirm that the mc was completed by doing a scan?
Sorry you're going through this, it's like insult to injury.
X

Happydust Sat 24-Aug-13 09:47:53

I have only just m/c as I took the pessaries on Monday . They don't routinely scan at my hospital. Only if you take a pregnancy test 3 weeks later and it's positive . I have just called them and they have advised me to call out of hours gp. I am now waiting for 111 to call me back .

Zumbasmyfave Sat 24-Aug-13 19:09:26

Hope you're ok happy keep us posted x

Happydust Sat 24-Aug-13 22:00:43

Just to update.. Saw a lovely out of hours doctor who was so kind and compassionate. He put me on two different types of anti biotic as I have a suspected infection. Am now resting at home hoping they kick in soon .. Thanks peeps for your kind comments xxxx

Purplefrogshoe Sat 24-Aug-13 22:19:37

Hope you feel better soon xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now