ERPC Tuesday 20th - is this normal?

(8 Posts)
vallinnapod Thu 22-Aug-13 22:17:03

I had my ERPC on the morning of Tuesday 20th. I had very little bleeding after the first few hours. It had pretty much stopped by the evening with the tiniest bit of spotting (TMI - just sort of discoloured discharge) the next day. I had no real pain or cramping.

Now completely stopped.

Is this normal? I am so desperate to start again that I am worried about retained products (such a delightful term).

Stupidly did a HPT yesterday and the BFP line was so strong it came up before the control line. I know it takes a few weeks for you HCG to lower.

Just wanted some reassurance it was normal.

Purplefrogshoe Thu 22-Aug-13 23:40:02

I had erpc 4 July I had had no bleeding the next day either, still waiting on AF though sad I think it's perfectly fine

mikkii Thu 22-Aug-13 23:44:21

It is nearly7.5 years since I had ERPC and I still remember being aware of how little was left afterwards.

With DS I had manual removal of placenta so little bleeding. Then ERPC, then two CS's ,the second having the world's most enormous placenta so little left to follow.

All in all, I never got the enormous post birth bleeding I expected. Not that I am complaining.......

SunnyIntervals Thu 22-Aug-13 23:46:37

I think it is normal. They say to be concerned if pain, a temperature, foul smell or cramping iirc. I was surprised by how little blood there was.

2beornot Thu 22-Aug-13 23:48:36

Seems normal in my experience, although I did get a bfn quite quickly too. Keep POAS and go to the gp if still there next week

Good luck

ronty Fri 23-Aug-13 11:11:29

Hi Vannillapod. I also had an ERPC on Tuesday and have pretty much stopped bleeding since Tuesday night (just showing on loo paper). I have been a bit worried too as the leaflet I was given said to expect bleeding up to 3 weeks. At the hospital they said to contact GP if I had lots of bleeding but never mentioned it stopping quickly and I never thought to ask. I am hoping not to have to wait too long for a period now because I think that will reassure me that everything is back to normal 'in there'. Sorry, I'm probably not much help, just wanted to share my experience. Hope you are doing OK.

vallinnapod Fri 23-Aug-13 12:44:56

Thanks for sharing your experiences ladies. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

POAS is pretty depressing. This was an IVF pregnancy so I have peed on a lot of sticks, never thought seeing a BFP would be so hideous.

I was told to wait 3 weeks and if I was still getting a BFP to go back. I don't have periods so I guess it is just a waiting game as to when I can spend more stupid amounts of money get started again.

holycowwhatnow Sat 24-Aug-13 23:54:40

vallinnapod, I had an ERPC on July 29th, a Monday. Very little bleeding on the Monday and nothing at all on the Tues. On Wed, I started bleeding, like a normal period to begin with but it became really heavy and with lots of horrible and upsetting clots. I had quite intense pain at times too to the point where I was going to go back to the hospital. By the Saturday, the pain was gone and the bleeding had reduced to heavy spotting which eventually stopped by the following Wed.

I'm only telling you this so you won't be surprised if it happens to you.

I'm so sorry, it's really shit. I'm an IVF vet and throughout all my failed IVFs, I was always so thankful never to have had to face a MC so I can't imagine how you're feeling. I just hope the physical side of things heals quickly so that you can get on with the emotional healing.

(((Hugs)))

Ronty, sorry you're going through the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now