Missed miscarriage opted for medical management

(6 Posts)
Happydust Thu 22-Aug-13 08:02:56

Hi everyone,

Had a scan on Monday which showed my baby had stopped growing at just under six weeks I should have been eight weeks. I opted for the medical management as I wanted to be at home. Having a roller coaster if of a week , it all started really quickly and was passing big clots etc by Monday night. I passed the sac on Tuesday and am still having a lot of cramping and bleeding. We have a holiday to the isle of wight in a caravan for next Monday, do you think I am going to be able to go? I really don't want to disappoint my two boys ( 9 and 8, by my ex husband) but will I be ok enough by then?
What do people think?

Thanks,

Xxx

nearlyreadytopop Thu 22-Aug-13 09:22:23

morning happy
Im so sorry about your baby. I hope you are being well cared for.
My first mc was a natural 1 at 7 weeks. it was very much as you describe. I found the bleeding settled into a heavy period which got gradually lighter over the course of the week.
Mental recovery took longer tham physical for me. I made sure I was eating and drinking enough along with a high dose multi vit.thanks

Bakingtins Thu 22-Aug-13 11:24:19

Hi Happy I've had 4 natural miscarriages, one of which was medically managed, and found similar to nearly once I pass the sac the bleeding settles dow to very manageable proportions. I've normally bled for 10-14 days, but towards the end lighter than a period.
I think you'll probably be fine to go as long as you can take things relatively easy. The change of scene might do you good.

JBrd Thu 22-Aug-13 14:54:47

Sorry to hear about your loss, happy. I also found that after my natural mc, the bleeding settled down quite quickly, slowly phasing out over a couple of weeks.
I've just had a medically managed mc, but it's too soon to tell how the bleeding will go! However, I already feel a lot better, now that I have passed the sac.
If you feel up for it, I'd say go and have your holiday. A change of scenery can be helpful, as can be spending time with your family. Try and take it easy, listen to your body and be kind to yourself.

katatonic Thu 22-Aug-13 19:03:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Happydust Thu 22-Aug-13 20:16:52

Thanks everyone for your very kind messages . I am going to go on holiday on monday as I think we all need it. I have found this week a lot harder than I imagined,
I am sorry for your losses too and hope everyone gets through this tough time xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now