how long normal to wait for period after ERPC?

(8 Posts)
jnl0612 Fri 09-Aug-13 20:17:52

My consultant told me if you miss 3 periods the if need to go back.

nearlyreadytopop Fri 09-Aug-13 19:51:41

I ovulated and got pregnant 12 weeks after erpc. it didn't work out and now I have been advised to wait until I've had a couple of periods before trying again.

Fancies40Winks Fri 09-Aug-13 18:31:53

I had an erpc today, my discharge notes say to contact my gp if I haven't had a period in 4 weeks so I would definitely make an appointment if I was you.

2beornot Fri 09-Aug-13 17:54:09

Mine took four weeks, but I POAS after to check it was complete (it was) and didn't have much bleeding at the time. Can't hurt to visit gp

PintandChips Fri 09-Aug-13 16:31:05

i've booked an appt to see GP next week, but don't want to waste his time if everyone's saying, oh it took me 3 months or whatever.

How would test to see if i've ovulated?

i was super regular before the mmc and got pregnant first month of trying.

it's SO frustrating!!!!

thanks both for responding.

jnl0612 Fri 09-Aug-13 16:23:39

I waited 8 and a half weeks for my period to come back after my mmc at 16 weeks

JBrd Fri 09-Aug-13 16:22:37

I think that it if different for everyone when AF comes back - sorry, probably not what you want to hear! It took 5 weeks for mine to return after my ERPC in January.

Did you have long or irregular cycles before the mc? That could be a contributing factor.

Have you tested if you are ovulated? You could also try and see your GP, if it's taking so long...

PintandChips Fri 09-Aug-13 16:16:27

Hi,
i had an MMC a couple of months ago. Am now almost 8 weeks after the ERPC and desperate for my period to come so i can start trying again (am 43 so time is NOT on my side).
Keep having sort-of period pains, but then they just go away again.
How long is usual?
Am not pregnant again as i am of course checking once a week, like a mad obsessed person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now