how long normal to wait for period after ERPC?

(8 Posts)
PintandChips Fri 09-Aug-13 16:16:27

Hi,
i had an MMC a couple of months ago. Am now almost 8 weeks after the ERPC and desperate for my period to come so i can start trying again (am 43 so time is NOT on my side).
Keep having sort-of period pains, but then they just go away again.
How long is usual?
Am not pregnant again as i am of course checking once a week, like a mad obsessed person.

JBrd Fri 09-Aug-13 16:22:37

I think that it if different for everyone when AF comes back - sorry, probably not what you want to hear! It took 5 weeks for mine to return after my ERPC in January.

Did you have long or irregular cycles before the mc? That could be a contributing factor.

Have you tested if you are ovulated? You could also try and see your GP, if it's taking so long...

jnl0612 Fri 09-Aug-13 16:23:39

I waited 8 and a half weeks for my period to come back after my mmc at 16 weeks

PintandChips Fri 09-Aug-13 16:31:05

i've booked an appt to see GP next week, but don't want to waste his time if everyone's saying, oh it took me 3 months or whatever.

How would test to see if i've ovulated?

i was super regular before the mmc and got pregnant first month of trying.

it's SO frustrating!!!!

thanks both for responding.

2beornot Fri 09-Aug-13 17:54:09

Mine took four weeks, but I POAS after to check it was complete (it was) and didn't have much bleeding at the time. Can't hurt to visit gp

Fancies40Winks Fri 09-Aug-13 18:31:53

I had an erpc today, my discharge notes say to contact my gp if I haven't had a period in 4 weeks so I would definitely make an appointment if I was you.

nearlyreadytopop Fri 09-Aug-13 19:51:41

I ovulated and got pregnant 12 weeks after erpc. it didn't work out and now I have been advised to wait until I've had a couple of periods before trying again.

jnl0612 Fri 09-Aug-13 20:17:52

My consultant told me if you miss 3 periods the if need to go back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now