I started bleeding at t 8/9 weeks and the initial scan showed a sack but no 9 week sized baby. they said to go back 2 weeks later so they could check to see if their was a baby.
however a week later after lots of heavy bleeding i passed what i assume was a sack so i never went back as i knew i was not pregnant; this was my 3rd pregnancy and i am still b/f my son so all the nipple pain went, was no longer exhausted or felt sick.
I stopped bleeding 12 days after it started. that was 2 weeks ago. I have had no adverse symptoms. However i read somewhere that you should be looked at if you mc after 6 weeks? Really? or because the baby probably wasn't much over 6 weeks then i need not worry?
Should i just call the gp for a telephone chat tomorrow?
I just started thinking about it today as i would also like another baby - posted in bf thread about this.
Sorry to waste time - thoughts would be appreciated.
ps: for all those reading this and suffering a loss. I often look at my son and think if he had been conceived a minute/ hour / day later, it would not be him and i am so glad he is who he is. I know you are hurting now and i hope you have a trouble free pregnancy and a healthy baby soon. take care.
I think you are meant to have a scan even if you think everything has passed, just to check whether anything could be left inside. If it hasn't all come out, there's a risk of the remaining "products" causing an infection, which could affect a subsequent pregnancy.
As you're hoping for another baby, in your shoes I would ask for a check up/scan.
I had a mc on Tuesday and had a scan yesterday to check everything had passed (which it hasn't) therefore waiting to see if everything does pass naturally - I've to go back in 2 weeks for a blood test to check that everything has gone (hormone's have gone I presume).
Yes, you MUST get checked out. It is national NHS policy. There are certain rare conditions (molars, heterotopics) which need a check up and at least a pee pregnancy test 2 weeks after to rule out.
My junior doc did not do this for me. It ended up with me needing ongoing treatment for months. To reassure you- my case was 1/600 rare, but best safe than sorry. Remind them of the protocol and why it is there! I would even feed back to the manager about this.