Please help me

(12 Posts)
escorpion Wed 31-Jul-13 01:10:41

Hi Lucidlady, I really hope that is it for you, but I think a scan might be a good idea. I thought I passed everything with heavy clotting and bleeding non stop for several hours on Sunday which slowed down. When I went for my scan the sack was still inside and had continued to grow and I had an awful lot of tissue and clots still there. I was really surprised because I thought I wouldn´t have much trouble as everything was measured at 6 weeks when it should have been nine. I really hope it all works out for you x

lucidlady Tue 30-Jul-13 18:03:15

Hi baking feeling much better today thanks. Bleeding has slowed down significantly and have only had 2 clots today so hoping the worst is over. Having said that I do have a slightly weird sensation that something is "stuck" if that makes sense so think I might go to GP tomorrow to be on safe side.

I'm so sorry that so many of you have also been through this. It really is a horrible experience.

Bakingtins Tue 30-Jul-13 10:21:37

How are you today, lucid ?

escorpion Tue 30-Jul-13 01:56:57

Sorry to hear about your situation, after a week of bleeding I also started passing huge clots, the scan showed the sac was still there and lots of tissue inside. I decided to operate in the end, the bleeding that I already had was bad enough, and the cramps, and since hardly anything had come away I thought there may be a good chance I would end up in hospital anyway. It is surprising how much you bleed in miscarriage,I dont think anything can prepare you for it. I hope you can have someone with you, and if it gets to much, you could always have the operation, it is a quick procedure which cleans your uterus and the bleeding calms right down. Sending you love x

Bakingtins Mon 29-Jul-13 19:02:06

Glad to hear you have got some RL support. I think huge clots is within the realms of normal but if you feel unwell or find it frightening then get yourself checked out.

MikeLitoris Mon 29-Jul-13 18:13:12

Well hopefully that is the worst of it over.

Rest as much as you can and eat some good food.

Maybe even some vitamins or a protein drink.

Mc takes so much out of your body.

lucidlady Mon 29-Jul-13 18:09:33

The pain has settled down now, thanks. I'm hoping the last clot might have been it.

I think if the bleeding keeps going, I might ring out of hours. It's been pretty heavy but I don't feel worried just yet.

Thanks for the handholding, it means so much x

MikeLitoris Mon 29-Jul-13 18:00:46

I was definitely surprised at the amount and size of the clots. Really only you can jusge if you need to be worried and need to see someone.

How is the pain now?

Very lovely of your dbro sit with you.

lucidlady Mon 29-Jul-13 17:56:54

Thanks ladies. I managed to get hold of my brother and his wife so they have collected DD for me and they've got her at their house just now. She may stay up there tonight - part of me really wants to see her but I am very aware that she's a bit too young to understand what is going on and will likely pick up on my distress, so I may just let her stay with her cousins tonight.

I've passed quite a lot of clots. At least two have been bigger than my fist. I'm not sure whether to worry or not?!

DBro is going to come sit with me. This should be interesting since I can still make him squirm just by saying the word "period" smile

MikeLitoris Mon 29-Jul-13 17:31:21

I really think you should have someone with you if poss.

I dont want to frighten you but I have passed out on the bathroom floor whilst having a mc and come close to passing out during another.

Whoever said its like a heavy period is seriously mistaken.

I found the pain and bleeding was much better once I had passed all the important bits so be aware there may still be more to come.

I really hope its all over quickly for you.

Bakingtins Mon 29-Jul-13 17:27:25

I'm so sorry, lucid. Is there anyone (family, friend, neighbour) who can take your DD for a while? You do not need to be coping with a toddler this evening. I don't think describing it as anything like a period is realistic or helpful. I've never had a period land me in hospital confused
You are likely to pass several large clots and you might recognise more solid/greyish "tissue" which is the placenta/sac. IME once you've passed that bleeding settles right down but it can be heavy and alarming until that happens. Take lots of painkillers, this is no time to be brave.
If you are filling a maxi pad in less than an hour or you feel sick/dizzy/faint then you need medical attention - call the EPU or gynae ward if you have their direct number or GP/out of hours if not.

Helpful thread on dealing with the practicalities here

Here to hold hands as necessary.

lucidlady Mon 29-Jul-13 16:33:27

Found out a week ago that I have had a MMC at 6 weeks. I should have been 11 weeks today but I am at home miscarrying. I had wanted to let nature take its course just to be absolutely sure, if that makes sense. Dr told me that it would be like having a heavy period. Hmmmmm..... But my god the pain... I've been having spotting for the last week and then all of a sudden today everything has just started to happen. I've just passed a huge fist-sized lump of something or other which I assume is the placenta, haven't seen anything that resembles a foetus so I'm guessing that my baby has slipped away somehow. It still hurts so much - hoping the painkillers kick in soon.

DH is currently away with work and I need to pull myself together enough to collect 22 month old DD from childminder at 530. I just want to crawl into a darkened cave. Please help me get a grip so that I don't frighten her....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now