The royal baby handholding thread

(61 Posts)
Tricycletops Mon 22-Jul-13 10:14:24

I'm sure I'm not the only one struggling to cope with the constant baby talk today - come and rant away... I am hiding behind my well-known republicanism but I've just been called miserable for not being as excited as my colleagues. sad

CamomileHoneyVanilla Wed 24-Jul-13 12:28:12

Can I join in. Miscarried on Monday, confirmed yesterday. Second mc in six months. Feeling utterly shite.

I'm sorry to all you guys for your losses too. flowers all round.

Tricycletops Wed 24-Jul-13 13:58:40

Thanks Daisy. I've posted on your thread.

Camomile and Mabel, I'm so sorry. Thinking about you.

Daisybell1 Wed 24-Jul-13 16:52:57

Camomile, so sorry to see you here. I know what you're going through - I've lost three in a year. It is completely and totally shite. There's no other way of describing it. hugs.

I may have got a tinsy bit stroppy in the 'Republican button' thread [embarrassed]

Daisybell1 Wed 24-Jul-13 16:53:13

sorry, that should be blush

Secretswitch Wed 24-Jul-13 16:55:47

Love and hugs to you all. So difficult to have constant reminders off loss sad

MabelMay Wed 24-Jul-13 17:14:46

Daisy - I think you were right to get stroppy in the other thread. The initial MN response was way too glib and jokey - not appropriate. You gave them food for thought and at least that's something.

Camomile I'm in pretty much the same boat as you (2 mcs in last 6 months - found out on Monday this one, at 8.5 weeks, has not progressed). I'm so sorry for your loss.

Feel worse today - probably because initially I was in shock. Now that it's sinking in, having to confront the fact that all those plans for the next 8 months were for naught.

Holding everyone else's hand who's going through similar and feeling crappy. xx

TeaAndANatter Wed 24-Jul-13 19:31:47

Feeling very sorry for myself. Husband and I had decided to call the baby-that-wasn't-to-be George, and put a forget me not post on the MC Association meadow last month. Now I am surrounded by baby news, and the name 'George' everywhere presumably for the next few days. It feels like some horrible surreal joke - could this be feeling more painful right now, I know, let's put royal baby news everywhere! Still coping at work, I know, we'll call it George.

Sorry x

Pawprint Wed 24-Jul-13 21:04:48

Sorry about that Tea.

A girl I worked with was due the same day I would have been and I had to put up with seeing her growing bump over the next six months.

CamomileHoneyVanilla Wed 24-Jul-13 22:04:42

Oh Tea, that just takes the complete piss doesn't it. Really feel for you. Lots of hugs and sympathy.

Shite shite shite. It's not fair <stomps about> I'd quite like a good cry. Instead I just feel really low.

Lots of hugs to everyone going through a difficult time too. We'll get there, just taking a more harrowing route.

Daisybell1 Wed 24-Jul-13 22:18:01

Oh buggery bollocks Tea, I'm so sorry, that's so crap sad

Thinking of you and your little George x

Nobhead Wed 24-Jul-13 23:17:02

Been struggling this past week too. I MC'd my girl at 19 weeks in Feb and would have been due last week. Seeing that little baby all wrapped up and how happy Will and Kate looked just hit me again. I want my baby girl here wrapped up in my arms. Hopefully the media will STFU about it now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now