BFP after miscarriage

(11 Posts)
omri Wed 17-Jul-13 20:56:35

I just did a test (1 hr ago) and got a bfp. Miscarried in March and so now I feel terrified - not excited. DP is away for 2 weeks - think I might keep my news to myself for now (and all you dear MNers!).
Dont know why I am even posting.
Will just keep well and hope for the best. Fingers crossed for me that this one goes well and I get to meet my new baby in 9 months time!!
Trying to feel positive right now - but so scared sad

Bakingtins Wed 17-Jul-13 22:41:17

Congratulations omri
There's a nice thread here for ladies pregnant after miscarriage where everyone will understand your concerns.

omri Wed 17-Jul-13 23:38:07

Thanks bakingtins - you were soooo lovely to me on my threads at the time of my miscarriage. Nice to talk to you here again on a happier note smile
thanks for the link

shellmck Fri 19-Jul-13 09:48:51

Hi Omri I got a bfp yesterday, I mmc in april at 17 weeks. Like you I feel terrified but so happy. We are goin to keep the news quiet till after 1st scan. Fingers crossed for all. Good luck

omri Sat 20-Jul-13 15:58:13

Hi shell- congratulations on the bfp! The link that bakingtins shared is great so please come and join that. There are lots of ladies in the same boat as us. Have you made appt for early scan? It's all so scary isn't it? Good to talk here though to share the nerves And support each other. Fingers crossed we meet out babies next spring...

lucidlady Sat 20-Jul-13 16:33:21

Congratulations! You've given me hope - currently going through MMC and I've been panicking about what the future holds. Look after yourself and your little bean, what wonderful news! Xx

omri Sat 20-Jul-13 16:47:09

So sorry for your loss Lucid. It's horrible when it happens but do keep hope - it happens a lot that after mc you are pregnant again a few months later. In the meantime, take lots of time and very good care of yourself. hugs to you and your little bean.

shellmck Sat 20-Jul-13 21:36:07

Hi omri im going to make apt Monday at doctors, do you think we'l b given an early scan? im so nervous. I can still hear the dreaded words "theres no heart beat"

omri Sat 20-Jul-13 22:36:19

Hi Shell. Dont even think or say those words!! (Althouh i know its hard when you are imagining the worst). I told Hosp when i booked in yesteray that i had had mc in March and asked if i could have an early scan. So the lovely lady booked me in for 8 August - i'll only be just over 7 weeks. fingers crossed.

omri Sat 20-Jul-13 22:37:57

i meant to say - simply ask when you are booking in with the hospital - tell them you are nervous - i am sure they will give you one! it's a horrible few weeks of nerves ahead, isnt it?

shellmck Tue 23-Jul-13 08:39:14

Hi omri I seen my doctor yesterday and she said she'l get me booked in at hospital for an early scan, im feeling more positive now and im not going to worry myself. Good luck with your early scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now