2 m/c in a row

(7 Posts)
katherine12345 Tue 23-Jul-13 17:00:34

thanks for your reply, i will hopefully have a success story to share some when!

thedicewoman Wed 17-Jul-13 21:54:38

hi sorry I haven't been on here this week so didn't see your update. I didn't have a natural miscarriage with any of mine so I can't really say how bad it will be. I had the medical management twice which was pretty awful and had a d&c for the other one. my first two miscarriages were quite different, one was anembryonic and with the other there had been a heart beat but later was discovered that there was no heart beat. that have me a bit of hope that it wasn't necessarily the same thing going wrong each time, but really I think when it's "only" two miscarriages there really is no more likelihood that you will have a third than there is that someone will have 1, which is why they don't investigate until you are unlucky enough to have 3. so I guess what I'm saying is don't beat yourself up thinking you're going to have another one ( very much easier said than done I know from bitter experience). I really hope it works out for you next time.

katherine12345 Sun 14-Jul-13 19:52:41

thankyou,
its good 2 hear a successful pregnancy is possible after 2 mcs, there is hope, as im starting to think it will never happen, i keep reading that with each mc another one is more likely in future, is this right? p.s does any1 no what i should expect at 5 weeks as im worried about how bad its gona get hoping it will be less aggressive than last time!

thedicewoman Sun 14-Jul-13 18:05:38

hi, just wanted to add my sympathy,I also had two miscarriages before my first child and one between her and my second. I felt exactly like you but things did work out. sorry I know from experience that this does not help but I hope your next pregnancy is successful.

katherine12345 Sun 14-Jul-13 17:54:34

thanks for your reply, it is nice to feel like some1 is listening and understanding! my partners not very helpful an spoke 2 doc on phone who says there's nothing they can do and its just bad luck! i cant help feeling it cant be just bad luck an there's something wrong but they wont do anything like u said until uve had 3 but i dont want to have 3! im sorry to hear about your losses, it is so unfair and sad thankyou 4 ur kind words it does help! and hugs back 2 u, hope u have some success soon x

Bakingtins Sun 14-Jul-13 17:16:58

V sorry to hear that katherine. It is unfair. I found MC 2 particularly tough, you feel like you've had your "bad luck" already and deserve a break, and yet nobody takes it seriously as a recurrent problem until you've had three.
You've every right to be angry about it. It's worth speaking to your GP, firstly to make sure it's on your medical record and secondly as they might run some tests, even though the not so NICE guidelines say three in a row.
You got through it once and picked yourself back up, you can do it again. You are stronger than you feel at the moment. Un-mumsnetty sympathetic hugs.

katherine12345 Sun 14-Jul-13 15:39:24

hi any1,
dont know what im looking for really i am/was pregnant im heavy bleeding now with no pain assuming im having another early m/c.
i had one back in april at 7 weeks which was horrible! but i pulled myself 2gether and put it down to a one off an tried again im 5 weeks an was so happy wen i found out i was! an now this! i feel sick and so angry! i cant help feeling so angry and sad! why could this be happening life seems so unfair! i feel im going to end up in deep depression! anybody got any advice would be so much appreciated ??? :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now