TTC after MMC

(7 Posts)
LittlePeaPod Wed 26-Jun-13 14:48:48

Really sorry for your loss OP. flowers

With regards your question. I mc on 4 Feb (started bleeding) this year. However DF and I wanted to start ttc straight away and started as soon as I stopped bleeding post mc. I understand that some people may think that is too early however it felt right for us and it didn't take anything away from the baby that we lost and still remember. I fell pregnant in April and we are 12 weeks now. Its all down to the individual.

Good luck Op.. flowers

Tomkat79 Tue 25-Jun-13 19:53:59

It's totally normal what you are feeling and wooly is a good description. We started DTD as soon as I stopped bleeding post ERPC without knowing when I ovulated. Got AF a month later and was very heavy. Glad I didn't fall before that period as felt as though body had big clear out. Am now on the horrid 2WW after lots of trying this month. I am irritable and grouchy and right now this minute am not wanting to be pregnant at all. I know this is totally irrational and if I was I'd secretly be over the moon. I guess it's just a protection thing. If I am then I'm dreading being a total nervous wreck and knicker watching every half hour! Sigh xx

I think it's normal, yes. I certainly felt stronger on difficult dates eg edd of mc, anniversary of mc, etc, knowing I was pg again.

I conceived DC2 and DC3 very quickly after respective miscarriages (second cycle and first cycle respectively). I've been told there is some kind of hormonal fertility boost which slightly raises your chances. Certainly worked for me.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

MrsGiraffe12 Tue 25-Jun-13 10:27:00

Thank you ladies for your kind replies. It's so hard isn't it. I just feel "wooly" about it all, can't really explain it much more than that. Jut pleased to know what I'm feeling is normal in the circumstances x

First full cycle after mmc - ie waited for bleeding to stop, then about three weeks later a normal period bleed, then TTC again. And conceived the cycle after that (he is now two).

Good luck. Take as much or as little time as feels right for you, and be kind to yourself.

St4rfish Mon 24-Jun-13 22:29:59

Hi MrsGiraffe. I'm in a similar boat. Had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks just over 6 weeks ago (it was initially 'incomplete' & ended up in A&E afterwards, so had a rough time) I am currently having my first period since then and it's been horrible - blood clots and very heavy (not typical for me at all). I was initially keen to start again this cycle, but husband isn't feeling quite ready, so we have decided to wait another month at least.
On reflection, the whole thing is so emotionally draining, 5-6 weeks is not very long in the grand scheme of things (we were trying for 2 years prior to miscarriage). This really heavy period is making me think my body hasn't quite healed (and I nearly needed a blood transfusion a few weeks back, so iron levels still low). My heart is saying yes but head is saying wait a bit. You can only do what's right for you, but take it slow. I would say its easy to feel you should be jumping straight back on the 'wagon', but give yourself some time.

MrsGiraffe12 Mon 24-Jun-13 21:01:55

I'm just curious really as to when others started trying again after a MMC?? I've not had a period yet if that helps, though its only been 5 weeks. One minute I'm desperate to be pregnant again, the next I never want to be pregnant again, but know deep down these feelings will subside once I'm pregnant again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now