Aspirin In Pregnancy After Misccarriages

(8 Posts)
southportmum Tue 11-Jun-13 14:38:45

We have had a bfp after 1 eptopic, 3mcs and 1 chemical pregnancy. After spending hours looking over all the forums I asked my epau nurse about taking aspirin. she prescribed 75mg baby aspirin but didn't work after mc. so with this one after reading forums I have doubled my dose.

Any thoughts??

xXjunebugXx Tue 11-Jun-13 14:54:14

There is so much conflicting info on this, google doesn't help!
But a friend of mine was on 75mg of aspirin, miscarried so when she was pregnant next took 150mg. She has now made it past her 12 week scan, she wasn't getting that far before. So it has worked for her. 75-150mg is thought to cause no harm. I would personally double the dose, it can't hurt and might help.

FC crossed it works for you x

southportmum Wed 12-Jun-13 08:43:34

Booked in with my gp at 9.30 today x

southportmum Wed 12-Jun-13 12:28:45

so got a scan at 10.20 on fri hmm not so sure if its to some and gonna do my head more harm than good, gp told me to cut my aspirin down to 75mg not sure im gonna listen to that as she said they don't advise having it at all but so far its doing its job for me

xXjunebugXx Wed 12-Jun-13 22:12:44

I hope your scan goes well hun. It's a tough one, I'm not sure what I would do with the aspirin. I don't have a lot of faith in GP's when it comes to fertility though, they really don't know that much about it.
Whatever you chose to do though I hope it works out for you x

southportmum Thu 13-Jun-13 12:51:32

thanks ive done another test today just to see the line comes out like and its much stronger than the first one so i can only hope thats a good sign that my hcg levels are getting stronger

sameoldIggi Fri 14-Jun-13 11:59:49

You could also request progesterone, I think that's given quite often now. Did you have tests carried out after your mcs?
Really hope this is the one.

southportmum Mon 17-Jun-13 21:22:41

hey so my hcg level has tripled today so far so good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now