How do I know when I have passed the foetal sac during miscarriage?

(30 Posts)
Monkeybrain10 Sat 08-Jun-13 22:37:50

Sorry if it is tmi, but many people mention the sac and when the baby passed etc but all I know is that I had many days of ridiculously heavy bleeding and passed numerous large clots (at least one was literally a large handful) and many smaller. They all looked like red clots. I was 9 and half weeks and still bleeding (more like period) now which is 3 weeks later.
I am curious about the sac thing as I feel a little bit stupid for not knowing which bit was our baby :-(
Big love and hugs to anyone out there who has or is having mc.

longestlurkerever Sun 13-Jul-14 09:27:47

Aw Monkey That has just set me off crying! Opened up this thread to post my experience and delighted to read the happy ending. Sorry to everyone going through this. May you get your happy endings too.

hismissuspj Thu 14-Aug-14 10:50:50

Hi I found out 2 days ago when I should of been 12 weeks my baby only made it to 5 as u mc at 5.5 how did u know your baby had passed through please im hoping baby goes naturally

Heathcliff27 Thu 14-Aug-14 11:00:54

Congratulations monkey thanks

northdownmummy Fri 15-Aug-14 12:10:53

Really pleased to hear your happy ending monkey, it's giving me some hope of happier days ahead

Boco2 Fri 15-Aug-14 15:32:13

Hi ladies,
Firstly I'm so sorry you're experiencing a miscarriage - I'm currently going through a medical one and it's a pretty miserable experience (I feel slightly in shock still - the bad news, then the hideous pain of the meds that made me feel unbelievably ill and now just feeling v sad). I think I've just passed the yolk sac - it'll literally slipped out after waiting a couple of days for the bleeding to start (I'm still only bleeding lightly) - when it passed it felt solid and round. I couldn't really see it in the toilet bowl and have just flushed it away but am now sitting here wishing I hadn't and that I'd scooped it out and found it somewhere nice to be buried. Wishing you all lots of support from your loved ones and a speedy recovery. As my Mum has said, hopefully there's another baby waiting in the wings for us all. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now