Recurrent Miscarriage Testing, trials and tribulations...Part 7!

(988 Posts)
squizita Fri 07-Jun-13 19:04:04

Hi all, carrying on from part 6. All kinicker-checkers, blood-testers, clinic-attenders and finger-crossers welcome. Nothing but love and crossed fingers...

MissHobart Wed 25-Dec-13 20:37:59

Arrgh! I have spent so much time reading these threads over the last few days!

TTC since Jan '12, MMC last summer, no symptoms of anything, BFP last Monday! Been having PG symptoms, sore boobs, dizziness, constipation, have just cried all the way through Finding Nemo!

Now I'm panicking, have had very low grade cramp/womb ache but this has just stepped up in the last hour and have had some brown spotting when I went to the loo and my boobs have stopped hurting?! We dtd yesterday as I was so happy and care-free "if it's meant to be it's meant to be" - now I'm just back to PANIC!

I'm 5+1.

Help! sad

Bakingtins Fri 01-Nov-13 08:02:06
Bakingtins Fri 01-Nov-13 07:31:21

We've filled the thread! I've started a new one.

LateBloomer414 Thu 31-Oct-13 23:00:45

Baking YAY! So pleased for you. Long may it continue.
Weekend away for DH and me and 6 of our dearest friends. I should be in bed as we have a heinous o'clock start but finishing this glass of wine wine. We so need this change of scenery.

butterfly86 Thu 31-Oct-13 21:32:34

Pickle it means pee on a stick- do a test! Your symptoms sound promising smile

picklebum2011 Thu 31-Oct-13 21:21:25

Not sure what that means baking, is there a page to look at with the acronyms on?

Bakingtins Thu 31-Oct-13 20:58:43

POAS tomorrow pickle!

picklebum2011 Thu 31-Oct-13 20:48:23

Huge congrats on nine week scan baking. So sorry London. Great news on ref life London. Still no sign of the wicked witch and boobs are throbbing like mad.. I am so letting myself in for a fall when she comes but hey always next month..

butterfly86 Thu 31-Oct-13 20:18:44

Fab news baking! smile Are you feeling a bit more hopeful now?

TinyTear Thu 31-Oct-13 18:04:31

Great news baking

Bakingtins Thu 31-Oct-13 16:24:45

All looking good at 9 week scan smile

butterfly86 Thu 31-Oct-13 08:49:26

Baking is today scan day? If so good luck smile

Bakingtins Thu 31-Oct-13 07:09:22

london I'm so pleased you got your referral. A bit of hope in the midst of it. Hope it doesn't take too long to get an appointment.

butterfly86 Wed 30-Oct-13 23:16:02

Thanks Baking I sometimes just need you guys on here to settle me down you know how it feels dh is great but he is terrified too understandably. Deep down I know it's the progesterone leaking but I can't help it I'm obviously pleased I'm on it but it's not helping the knicker checking situation! I think maybe today was bad because my last 2 mc have happened around this time.

Pickle- it aint over til the witch appears! Fingers crossed for you.

London sorry your mc has been confirmed sad but well done for being optomistic at such a shit time hopefully you get your referral through quickly.

LondonSuperTrooper Wed 30-Oct-13 21:53:01

Thanks for the welcome smile
I am miscarrying and scan confirmed that this afternoon.
The only positive news that I have is that I had a super midwife who gave me a referral letter to the RMC clinic. I'm going to see my GP so that she can send off the referral for me.
At least now I have a glimmer of hope that something can be done to possibly avoid another miscarriage in the future. Yes I'm being v optimistic right now, I need to as I'm in a very dark place right now.

Bakingtins Wed 30-Oct-13 21:32:58

Well say it was 5 days after trying that you actually conceived, then you often wouldn't get a positive until 10-14 days post ov depending on how sensitive the test is. Negatives now doesn't sound that encouraging, but if AF doesn't show in the next day or so test again.

picklebum2011 Wed 30-Oct-13 21:28:37

Thanks baking, it is rough being back on TTC roller coaster ride. I googled (I know!!) And someone had commented on one thread and said if it had been ten days or more since trying then it is just a late period... Is this true?
Tiny hope you are home now and comfortable.

picklebum2011 Wed 30-Oct-13 21:27:38

Thanks baking, it is rough being back on TTC roller coaster ride. I googled (I know!!) And someone had commented on one thread and said if it had been ten days or more since trying then it is just a late period... Is this true?
Tiny hope you are home now and comfortable.

Bakingtins Wed 30-Oct-13 21:19:13

Pickle it ain't over until AF shows her ugly face. Sperm can survive up to 5 days, so if you ovulated 15th or 16th it's just possible. It's tough being on the TTC rollercoaster.

butterfly today you are pregnant. Or "pregnant until proven otherwise".
The progesterone will not be helping - adds to the "wet" feeling that sends you running to the loo all the time to knicker check. Hang in there.

picklebum2011 Wed 30-Oct-13 21:13:52

Hi hope it is still OK to post. Been reading back over posts, so sorry London and tiny tear and others who are going through such hurt. St Marys seems a great place for testing. I was referred to qeqm in Margate as I am in Kent, Dr Ross and his team, has anyone had experience with them?
I have a question that I already know the answer to but just wanted to hold onto a slight glimmer of hope.... Well basically after our third mmc ending in erpcs (two, our beautiful daughter who is now three, then another mm). My husband was really against trying again said he couldn't see me go through all that hurt again, his words. We had a good chat and I told him that I will always hurt and will carry that with me till the day I die as you never get over losing a baby you just learn to move forward. I explained how I felt our family wasn't finished yet and how despite our losses I still felt a glimmer of hope in me. He said he wanted another baby too but was scared. We agreed to tentatively try again. My period was on the 2nd October and we had sex on the 10th October. I have a 28 day cycle, I'd worked it out that I would have been most fertile from around the 12th to 17th but we did not end up trying on those dates. My period was due today and as yet is not here, i have done three tests that are all negative so I'm trying to be realistic and stop this irrational hope that I may be pregnant.... Could I be? Sorry for long post.

butterfly86 Wed 30-Oct-13 19:47:50

Glad your app went well LB and good luck!

Welcome London sorry you find yourself here sad

Tiny I hope you are managing as well as is possible hope you are resting thanks

Had a horrendous day today just so worried all I've done all day is check for bleeding I've had lots of twinges and am convinced its all going to go wrong I'm exhausted with it.

Bakingtins Wed 30-Oct-13 17:23:07

Tiny hope you are coping ok flowers
London good to see you over here. Hope you get a sympathetic hearing from EPU.

TinyTear Wed 30-Oct-13 17:10:50

Welcome London.

Hope you get a sympathetic GP

I just had my erpc at 11 this morning and am waiting to be collected to go home. Need some rest now... But I have some closure for this one and will hopefully try again soon

squizita Wed 30-Oct-13 16:50:57

London hi! As Jbird said, the epu and gynie ward at your local hospital can make recommendations which speed things up! GPs sadly sometimes don't avct so fast but if the hospital nudges them to do it, they're usually happy to sign the referral.

LateBloomer414 Wed 30-Oct-13 14:43:08

Welcome London. Definitely ask if they will do testing - press them on the fact that it took you a while to conceive and that you are in the 40 zone so you really need to know what you are dealing with. It's hard to be your own advocate when in such an emotional situation( and let's be honest, I don't think any of us are at our best when receiving that awful news). So before you go in write down what you want to say or ask , or ask your DP to take over that part of the convo. It may not compel them to do the testing but it's certainly worth a try. So sorry you are going through this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now