Recurrent Miscarriage Testing, trials and tribulations...Part 7!

(988 Posts)
squizita Fri 07-Jun-13 19:04:04

Hi all, carrying on from part 6. All kinicker-checkers, blood-testers, clinic-attenders and finger-crossers welcome. Nothing but love and crossed fingers...

JBrd Fri 13-Sep-13 16:03:49

Baking I'm with you - gearing yourself up to yet another round of ttc requires so much courage and stamina. Completely understandable that you are freaking out a bit! Hopefully, you'll soon get back into the swing of things wink
And hopefully, the SIL visit will go OK - it is so hard to be around bumps and babies, regardless of how thick you think your skin is! Do you think your SIL will be able to understand how you feel...?

I'm actually very impressed with my hospital at the moment - we went in last week to have our bloods taken to get the ball rolling for the investigations. And this week have I not only received a letter for an ultrasound appointment for tomorrow, but also an appointment with the consultant at the Recurring Miscarriage Clinic in November! Wow, they don't hang around! Now all I need is the blood test on day 2-5 of my next cycle.
I really thought it would all take forever to get going, but apparently not!
Of course, this might mean that we can possibly start ttc again soon...confused

teaandchocolate Sun 15-Sep-13 10:22:31

Just a quick hello to everyone!

Guppie that's great news about the scan - one step closer. Its just so stressful though isn't it. I really really did not enjoy early pregnancy this time, it was hellish and I cried and panicked a lot. Probably not the best way to approach it but I just couldn't help it, I was so worried. Just hang on in there and take each (very long!) day at a time.

Baking I felt exactly the same about ttc after our 6 month break. I was worse when ttc then when we weren't. And then it took what felt like an age so cue more misery! I don't have words of widom but just try to keep a clear head and see the bigger picture if you can. Wishing you lots of luck with it all though.

I have no news just plodding along trying to control my gestational diabetes and get to 24 weeks (viability!). Have lost weight as eating is proving tricky - I was quite excited about this, the doctors less so...!

Big hugs to everyone else especially those pregnant and ttc and sorry for not name checking. I still think about you all and check this thread regularly. I hope you don't mind me popping back.

Mon26 Tue 17-Sep-13 09:35:17

Hello! this is Mon26, smile Some weeks ago BakingTins re-directed me to here thanks thank you! ... And after having been away from the forums, today is my first day going to St. Mary's Hospital with DH to see Lesley Regan. I am a bit nervous, but I guess it will be just a normal appointment.

i thought it would be good to finally get some courage (after 5 mc) and join the chatting and relaxing thread in here, if you are ok with it. I promise that this evening/afternoon I will read part or all the thread, to become acquainted with everyone.

I am a bit confused about what to ask to the DR or what to expect from it. I feel butterflies in my stomach. Anything in particular that it should normally be tackled in the first session? ufff... it really feels like butterflies...tennis

Well, my appointment is in the afternoon, and I feel I can't do anything else these few hours til then.

Perhaps I will read your messages now... smile

nearlyreadytopop Tue 17-Sep-13 12:39:57

hi mon I hope your appointment went well? I was also going to ask about what to ask at a appointment.
I have mine next week, all test results are back. I have pcos and have 1dc and 3 mc.
it's so hard to get a nhs appointment, I want to make sure I ask everything I need to.

butterfly86 Tue 17-Sep-13 12:59:13

Hi everyone! Tea glad to see you on here it's nice to hear from everyone who was on when I first joined these threads smile Glad you are doing well!

Mon & nearly sorry I cant offer any advice I've never been to one of those appointment but somebody will be. along soon to help.

I'm on cd27 and trying hard not to symptom spot but I've had mega sore boobs since just after ovulation dont know if this means I'm going to get af I do get soreness sometimes but nothing like this I'm dog tired too. I just found out I have an infection down there so am on antibiotics I've been backwards and forwards to the gp for months about it and kept getting told it was nothing but I knew something wasnt right at least I've got something for it now though. Hope everyone is ok x

Bakingtins Tue 17-Sep-13 13:00:39

Hi mon and nearly - good luck for your appointments. I don't think you need to be to worried about what to ask - the doctor will lead you through it. They'll want to take a history of everything that has happened up until now then discuss and schedule the tests you need. I think the questions come in once you have a diagnosis - what treatment is available? Are there any side effects? Are there alternatives? - or if nothing is found on the tests - what are our options from here? What are the chances of a successful pregnancy if we try again? What about the tests the NHS doesn't currently offer?
Hope it goes well for you both.

Purplefrogshoe Wed 18-Sep-13 09:46:38

Hi everyone hope you are all doing ok, i have had a horrible few weeks but feeling a bit better smile

Bakingtins Wed 18-Sep-13 15:50:45

purple how are you doing? Do you have an appointment yet? Hope you are getting clarification and a plan for what is next, uncertainty is very hard to cope with.

Bakingtins Wed 18-Sep-13 15:51:52

Butterfly POAS!

butterfly86 Wed 18-Sep-13 18:46:22

Sorry you've had a awful time purple but glad you are feeling better than you were smile

Baking I really want to but I'll be disappointed if it's negative and I'm a bit scared incase it is positive because I'm on cd28 of a 31 day cycle and there's a chance it could be chemical. I think I'm convincing myself I am because of the symptoms it's been the longest 2ww ever. Be gutted if I'm not cant be arsed with all the shagging ;)

Bakingtins Wed 18-Sep-13 19:32:19

Fair enough. That's always been my policy (not to POAS until I'm pretty certain it's positive) but can't do it any more as on progesterone from day 21 then have to test day 28 and either stop it so I get AF or carry on if it's a BFP. Which is going to make pretending to be all blase about it pretty difficult!
Will keep FX the witch stays away for a few more days for you.

squizita Wed 18-Sep-13 19:54:12

Hi all ... Waves ... Work seems to have swallowed me whole! Sending positive vibes to all. Roll on the weekend.

LateBloomer414 Wed 18-Sep-13 22:07:45

Adding my waves as well. DH and his mate have taken over the laptop AND the tv for the America's Cup. He's nearly finished with radiation and chemo grin and feeling rough but still better than he should be. I will look forward to those cancer free days when I don't have to indulge him with all media!

Quick update on me: just had bloods done for ante-natal screening this week, meeting with fertility folks at UCL next week, then back to RMC at the Royal London in Oct. Also FINALLY got an appt at St Mary's later in Oct. I'm gaming the system, I know that and am feeling a bit guilty about it. But I feel like I need to take every advantage in this situation as we've just been standing under a shower of shit this year.

Hoping everyone is well.

Bakingtins Wed 18-Sep-13 22:15:04

Dammit LB that's it exactly - all we need is a plumber that can reconnect the shower!
Glad your DH is bearing up ok.

butterfly86 Thu 19-Sep-13 07:53:16

Thanks Baking...I've got a test in the drawer and I'm itching to do it but I'm trying to be good! I do need to find out quite soon so I can get my pessaries for the promise trial I'm going to wait until sunday I think or maybe tuesday then I'll be late if af hasn't arrived, I wish I could stop looking for symptoms and just relax god there's every chance the witch could turn up yet!

LB glad you dh is doing ok. Fingers crossed for all your appointments good for you gaming the system it's what you have to do to get anywhere! Good luck.

Purplefrogshoe Thu 19-Sep-13 11:24:58

Im glad your dh is doing ok LB, fingers crossed butterfly, im in waiting room to see gp hopefully she has info as ive been told nothing yet other than my hcg is 41 9 weeks after erpc, best wishes to everyone xx

LateBloomer414 Thu 19-Sep-13 15:37:05

Let us know how it goes, purple.

Baking, I'd like to kill the plumber who hooked up that shower in our house!!

Polka2 Thu 19-Sep-13 15:57:37

LB good to hear your working the system to your full advantage - you certainly deserve to do so.

Purple and Mon keep us updated on how your appts go too - hopefully they're as positive as can be.

Waves and cake for everyone else.

I have less than 12 hours until my 6wk scan and to say I'm sh*tting it is an understatement - I haven't been for a scan in the last 18 months where there has been a live baby/babies on the screen .............please purlease let it be okay, DH has already threatened to "trash the hospital and knock the sonographer out" if its not (I'm hoping he's joking)!! confused

Justonemoretime Thu 19-Sep-13 17:51:39

Polka thinking of you, fingers crossed.
Waves to everyone. Work has kicked in with its full force - but I'm enjoying it. Knackered, though. Less than 2 weeks until my St Mary's appointment - good luck to everyone, at whatever stage you are at.

Bakingtins Thu 19-Sep-13 18:20:45

Good luck Polka

Purplefrogshoe Thu 19-Sep-13 19:01:07

Good luck polka, im still in the dark as tests still not back but dr took bloods as ive felt so unwell so hopefully i shall have all results back tuesday

ODB1515 Thu 19-Sep-13 19:13:21

Just wanted to say hi as I am new here.....
Had 4 miscarriages (unexplained) between my 2 sons and another miscarriage since son number 2 in July.
Had my first acupuncture session today which was v interesting....I'm willing to try anything now xx

LateBloomer414 Thu 19-Sep-13 20:44:39

Welcome ODB, I'm so sorry you find yourself here. Hope we can help in some way.

Polka, every finger and toe is cramped in crossing for your scan. We need some good newsthanks

LateBloomer414 Thu 19-Sep-13 20:59:14

Ok, I need to share this. DH is on the sofa, snoring like a chainsaw. An episode of Grand Designs is on that we've seen probably 5 times. I turned to the sky recorder and cued up season 2 of Downton Abbey that I've been recording on ITV. The music had barely begun and, mid-snore i might add, he sat up more quickly than I've seen him move in 2 months: "no, no! The America's Cup is on at 9." Clearly the morphene he's on isn't knocking him out as much as we thought it would. No Downton Abbey for me tonightconfused

PicardyThird Fri 20-Sep-13 08:01:41

Ooooh polka - holding your hand flowers
Fingers crossed, butterfly!
LB, glad dh is holding up well. Don't feel bad about taking whatever the system can give you - you need and deserve it smile

Geneticist's office called yesterday afternoon. Have an appt next Fri to 'discuss the findings'. Asked for a just 2-min call back to tell me in 2 sentences what was going on so I could be prepared, but I wasn't called. Bloody scared tbh. Am mid-cycle and we are trying. What if it's something awful and I'm pg?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now