MMC and still bleeding? When will it end?

(5 Posts)
redwallday Tue 07-May-13 21:28:36

As some of you know from my previous post I had a MMC at 14 weeks and then had a ERPC. It will be two weeks on Thursday and I'm still bleeding. It's really starting to get me down now. To start with the blood was just light pink but now it's more like a period. Just when I think it's slowing down it starts back up again.

It's bothering me because I really want to TTC again soon sad How long should this last?

Bakingtins Wed 08-May-13 09:10:48

Not sure I can help but didn't want this to go unanswered. I've tended to bleed for 10-14 days after natural/medical MC but have heard of it lasting much longer for other people. Do you feel unwell or have any unpleasant smell to the blood? (infection) Have you had a negative HPT? Do you know if you were scanned as part of the procedure to ensure there was no retained material? Have you contacted EPU to ask for some advice?

squizita Wed 08-May-13 09:20:59

I agree with Baking give the EPU a ring. Bleeding varies a lot - with my MCs I bled about a week-10 days, and with my ERPC my bleeding 'stopped then started' which is common however best to get it checked.

In terms of TTC most Drs say after your 1st full normal cycle (I think this helps with dating BUT also your body can be pretty worn out after a MC and needs some time to recover) however there are lots of factors so again ask at your EPU or GP maybe?

icklemssunshine1 Sun 12-May-13 12:05:08

I had bleeding up to 14 days after my ERPC although it was brown & sludge like at times. It then took 8 weeks for my period to appear. Ring your EPU if you're worried. A couple of times I rang the ward I was on when I had my ERPC & they were great.

icklemssunshine1 Sun 12-May-13 12:06:15

Also have you taken a pg test to make sure it reads negative? If its still positive there maybe retained products.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now