Early miscarriage / mixed diagnoses

(3 Posts)
Jadeyjade Tue 16-Apr-13 23:27:41

Thank you very much for your reply. It's a comfort to know that there are people who understand or who share similar experience. Everything has gone quite fast in the last week or so, & at the moment I'm still shocked & confused more than anything, although the reality is beginning to sink in sad thankyou again for the support

Bakingtins Tue 16-Apr-13 09:53:00

Hi Jade. I'm afraid when MC happens very early in a pregnancy it is often like your situation where you are left with a lot of unanswered questions. To you it feels devastating but the medics treat it as a very routine situation and appear to be doing nothing. Even in a much later miscarriage where surgery or medical management is required the support for the emotional aspect is often very lacking. This board and others like it are a lifeline, as is the miscarriage association. I think it might also help to plan to do something to acknowledge the loss with your partner. Here whenever you want to 'talk' about it.

Jadeyjade Tue 16-Apr-13 08:12:32

It would be great to see what anyone thinks, or even if anyone has had similar experiences. I best start from the top- I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome- diagnosed since I was 17 ( now 23 ) & I have researched it a lot as doctors seem very passive on the subject, & constantly find that there are a lot of women that get a negative result on a home pregnancy test because of their hormones with POS. I am also on the contraceptive pill dianette which I have been on for far too long - doctor now planning a change- & in the leaflet it says in black & white after long term use it can interfere with blood tests results. So 2 Saturdays ago I had quite bad "period" pain, which was unusual as they weren't due for a week. I put it down to my POS & got on. Monday morning I woke up with a brown, lumpy/clots, discharge, can only describe it like jelly substance. Over the course of 4 days this gradually went to just brown discharge & pain was no more than bad period pain. Doctor did a speculum & asked me lots of questions. Very supportive until my pregnancy test & blood test said negative , apparently I deffo had all the symptoms of an early miscarriage but she couldn't confirm it with a negative test. I contacted a nurse who said it seems that I've had an early miscarriage, less than 6 weeks, & it's common for a test to be negative- silent miscarriage or something. So now I'm left knowing my own body, me & my partner knowing in our hearts with the support of some medical professional we have lost a baby. But the doctor I saw "can't confirm it" so I'm left like, that's it. Any one on here share similar experience? Confused & still in shock from the whole thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now