Loss of one twin. How to acknowledge it?

(5 Posts)
finickypinickity Fri 10-May-13 21:03:48

We lost our twin at 12 weeks but were very lucky in a small sense because we had lots of scan pics of the 2 of them together thanks to our EPAU.

Nobody except Dh has ever really acknowledged our loss which makes me so sad especially when DS has his Birthday. We always kiss DS twice, once for him and once for his twin.

Whatever you chose to do will be lovely.

monkeyfeet Fri 10-May-13 20:57:47

My husbands grandmother wrote a lovely poem in a card for us when our baby was born after his twin had died. It was so nice for this to be acknowledged.

Neyite Sat 27-Apr-13 23:44:45

I got a pendant as a gift, it has two gemstones and is like a little secret reminder of my baby and the twin that didn't make it.

Bakingtins Mon 15-Apr-13 08:10:09

I think it's lovely that you've remembered the twin and that you realise your friend's happiness at the birth of her baby will be tinged with sadness for the one who didn't make it, but I also think although these memory pieces can be very helpful they are also very personal, I'm not sure that something someone else chose would be the same IYSWIM?
I had a forget-me-not charm from Scarlett jewellery for my first MC, then have chosen to plant trees for the other two. On the EDD (just done 2nd EDD sad ) I've bought a baby related charity gift in honour of the baby. Hope you find something that is just right - she's lucky to have such a thoughtful friend.

StarsdontShine Sun 14-Apr-13 23:08:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now