have just started to miscarry :( anyone up?

(85 Posts)
jkb Wed 10-Apr-13 01:52:27

You may have seen my thread on here before.I lost my baby at 19 weeks in November last year....fell pregnant again,was so thrilled ...& e weeks ago the nightmare started...I was suspected of having a rare ectopic c section scar pregnancy & kept in hospital for over a week...aftermri scan etc...they said it wasent,just a pregnancy very close to it...& that they were 99% sure the pregnancy wouldn't survive...was sent away...rescanin 2 weeks.
I still had hope...I really did...
Then today the brown spotting started...& mild constant period cramps....
Then 20 mins ago....pop...blood & clots just fell out...
Had a look thru as I managed to get to the loo where I had a bowlset up in loo...(sorry if tmi) can't see any sac...just lots of clots? Is there more to come? Pain so far is manageable? Will it get worse? I'm 8 weeks +4
Xxxx

jkb Wed 10-Apr-13 03:20:59

I feel terrible for man.handling the sac & for popping it (sorry ....but that's how it felt as when the fluid came out it was no longer a firm round ball...just deflated tissue)
Do u think this is definitely the sac?? I think it must b

doubleshotespresso Wed 10-Apr-13 03:21:33

iME yes I think you've got through the worst part- though last time the pain was terrible for a good while. Life is cruel yes it really is hard to find sense at these times. Is your other half up with you now? You really should have someone with you....

doubleshotespresso Wed 10-Apr-13 03:24:13

It sounds likely I'm sorry , but I'm no doctor..... Glad pain is manageable

ratbagcatbag Wed 10-Apr-13 03:24:17

Haven't been through this, but hand holding, I like the idea of burying ithe sac and then maybe planting something over. Big hugs.

jkb Wed 10-Apr-13 03:25:09

No,I don't want to wake him..we went thru terrible time at our 19week loss...he was amazing....but feel he needs sleep to b.there for the kids tomorrow...it's been such a hard 3 weeks...I was kept in hospital for a whole week,away from.kids...he had it hard...I'm ok, I have musket to get me thru the night & all u wonderful people Xxxxxx

doubleshotespresso Wed 10-Apr-13 03:26:44

Ok but if the pain gets any worse or bleeding gets out of control you must wake him! Sent you a PM btw

Spellcheck Wed 10-Apr-13 03:29:12

Unfortunately for me the pain didn't end there and I had to have an ERPC, but from obsessive extensive reading I know that for many, the worst is over at this point. It's different for everyone.

I also lost one at nearly 19 weeks and as soon as she slipped out, the pain stopped. It is truly hideous and I wish you well, with another sticky, healthy bean very soon xx

doubleshotespresso Wed 10-Apr-13 03:30:08

Please try and drink lots of water and hot drinks too....... You need to stay hydrated and warm,

doubleshotespresso Wed 10-Apr-13 03:31:44

Spellcheck so sorry too- and yes its just awful. flowers

jkb Wed 10-Apr-13 03:33:48

He us just next door so will call him asap if I feel its got too bad xxx
Just given.in.& taken 2 co-codamol...altho pain us not nice...its still no worse than one if my bad period pains Xxxxxx

jkb Wed 10-Apr-13 03:35:21

Thank u spellcheck xxx I hope so xxxx & so sorry for you too xxxx for all if u who have been thru losses xxxx

doubleshotespresso Wed 10-Apr-13 03:36:38

Well I'm glad the pain is not bad for now. Take care of yourself.

jkb Wed 10-Apr-13 03:37:45

Thank u for all your kindness xxx

doubleshotespresso Wed 10-Apr-13 03:40:23

Jkb no worries- this is Mumsnet at its finest I think!

So sad we all seem to share this though, nobody should have to go through this.

thanks

Spellcheck Wed 10-Apr-13 03:40:51

Co-codamol good, pain just makes it all seem so much more awful. Some hot chocolate might be good too, doubleshot is right - keep warm! xx

doubleshotespresso Wed 10-Apr-13 03:42:59

Will you be able to get some rest tomorrow? Or is DP working? Can u call someone in morning?

Sunnywithshowers Wed 10-Apr-13 03:43:36

I'm sorry lovely, no experience but flowers

Look after yourself xxx

Spellcheck Wed 10-Apr-13 03:43:55

And thank you both for your kind words, it's a terrible time, just remember to allow yourself to grieve jkb however you wish for as long as you need to x

doubleshotespresso Wed 10-Apr-13 03:44:09

You will be exhausted for next couple of days :-(

doubleshotespresso Wed 10-Apr-13 03:44:57

Get a friend/ relative over?

Accentuatethepositive Wed 10-Apr-13 03:47:27

DD up agsin so I'm back. Glad you've taken some painkillers it's probably better to take them before it gets too bad, then hopefully it won't.

I think you are being very brave and considerate not waking your DP, but would echo others in saying do wake him if you need to I'm sure he won't mind.

So sorry this is happening when you have already been through a late loss. Can't imagine how that must have been.

Would it be impossible to sleep? If you can't actually sleep is there something comforting or distracting you can watch or listen to? A light movie you've seen lots of times before? Sorry if it sounds like a trivial idea but i watched back to back great British bake off on iplayer during my m/ c and found it very comforting! Plus took my mind off the pain.

jkb Wed 10-Apr-13 03:52:00

Doubleshot,I answered your pm but not sure it went thru....

Yes hubby works from.home & so hope to get some rest tomorrow...mum can help too....I have been exhausted for 3 weeks now since this nightmare begun...a week.in.hospital killed me...so hard to sleep.there.
Now I have taken painkillers & the sac had passed (was so.important for me to see it )...I'll try & snatch some sleep xxx thank u all xxx

doubleshotespresso Wed 10-Apr-13 03:54:52

Got it fine thanks. Ok good. Get some sleep and take the time you need. Good your mum will help. Again am thinking of you. X

Accentuatethepositive Wed 10-Apr-13 03:56:23

Hope you do get some rest. Will be thinking of you.

jkb Fri 12-Apr-13 00:05:22

Hi
This is short cos I'm in a lot of pain.
Is this pain normal? During the miscarriage I coped ok...just paracetamol....passed sac ...all ok..
All day yest all ok..just mild period cramps & paracetamol was fine...
Then since 10.this morning the pain has increased??? Co-codamol every 6 hrs & ibuprofen every 8 hours & I'm struggling to cope....it's contractions...building & then easing...every couple of minutes?
But I passed sac over 24hrs ago with mild pain..is it normal for pain to increase like this at this stage? Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now