Missed Miscarriage & Partial Molar pregnancy :(

(3 Posts)
MrsJohnDeere Fri 05-Apr-13 22:02:27

So sorry you are going through this. A miscarriage is tough at any stage but so far along and with the added complication of it being molar, its no wonder you are fed up. Life is very cruel at times.

Please come and join us on the molar/partial molar support thread. There's a few of us who have been through this and is really helpful to share experiences and advice. I've found it invaluable in the last few months.

My story is that I had a MMC at 12 weeks back in October. I didn't find it about the partial mole diagnosis until 6 weeks after that. My hCG levels refused to come back to zero on their own but I'm now having chemo (6 weeks down, 4 to go) and they are almost there now. If it is any (small) consolation, Charing Cross told me that only 1 partial mole person a year actually ends up needed chemo, and I'm having it this year, so chances are you won't need to.

Please, please feel free to ask any questions about what happens next or anything, however small it might seem.

MrsJohnDeere Fri 05-Apr-13 19:39:27

Fleur - got to dash but will be back later to post fully. Didn't want you to feel alone. I'm a partial mole person and we have a lovely support thread going on MN.

fleur8 Fri 05-Apr-13 12:02:50

Feeling really deflated following a follow up appointment with my consultant today. Its been 2 weeks since my ERPC following my missed miscarriage at 16 wks. I had been trying to come to terms with that as well as finding out I have a short cervix so will need monitoring in any subsequent pregnancies (this would have been my first). They sent the results for testing and they have come back as a possible partial molar pregnancy sad they want to investigate further and they have been sent for further testing so I will find out in 4-6 wks.

It just seems one thing after the other...I have been advise not to get pregnant for 6 months & I can't help but feel that my body doesn't want me to be pregnant. None of my friends / family have had any issues...what the hell is wrong with my body sad

sorry for the moan just really sad and fed up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now