Had a mmc , found out today I would be 10 weeks tomorrow but stopped growing at about 6.3w. And now I have to decide what option to take , an my dd has just woken up being sick and has a bug! Hoping I don't get it too
Ra I'm so sorry you've lost your baby. MMC is very cruel. I've bumped up the thread on practicalities of miscarriage so you can read other experiences and also suggest you have a look at the miscarriage association site which has very clear information on your options. I've done natural twice, medical once and had a D+C after the birth of my son and I'd choose surgical management, particularly as that makes it straightforward arranging childcare for your DD - the other options can be protracted. It's very personal though, people have all sorts of reasons for choosing the least-worst option for them. We're here when you need us.
Thank you both . Had a busy night with my dd but she seems a little better this Morning . The hospital I am under has said they only do the surgical management if the consultant agrees to it . I know this is what I want to do so if they do not agree I will have to go to another hospital. It is just very scary
I had a mmc 3 weeks ago. I went for my 12 scan, no reason to worry so was a massive shock.
I had an ERPC the following Wednesday. Physically i have to say the recovery is incredibly quick. Within a few days it was almost like i had never been pregnant...almost cruelly so as i still desperately wanted to be. I was given the choice, after reading up on it i knew i couldn't spend days bleeding &innpain. I have 5 dc, 3 still at home. No family or friends locally to help with the children.
The emotional recovery is much slower & no one spoke about that side of having a mmc. Take care of yourself, its tough. If you've got people to help, how ever the miscarriage is managed, you will need time to recover.