miscarrage... false alarm or false hope, months after???? help

(25 Posts)
Bakingtins Sat 16-Mar-13 08:24:59

I'd still contact your GP - you have symptoms that need to be investigated. Just tell them what you told us.

Rroobbyynn Fri 15-Mar-13 19:47:43

hi everyone, i took two pregnancy test today and they said not pregnat, i didnt find time to call the doctors, but i dont know what to say either when i do call and go for an appointment

Bakingtins Fri 15-Mar-13 08:04:17

Hi OP - sorry you've been through a tough time. Sounds like you were given rubbish advice by your GP. Did you do a test yesterday?
You do hear about people who miscarry one baby of a multiple pregnancy and one baby survives, but also of women who after the trauma of miscarriage have a 'false' pregnancy and continue to have symptoms. I think either way you probably need a scan to be sure in your own mind what is happening.

SaggyOldClothCatpuss Fri 15-Mar-13 00:25:13

Hoping all goes well for you OP.

Rroobbyynn Thu 14-Mar-13 21:06:52

ok thanks olivamumsnet, i couldnt figure out this sight where to find things/ put them

Rroobbyynn Thu 14-Mar-13 21:05:40

could imagine, my son whos 10 months was planned but this one was not and well i finaly came to accepting it and would of been a single mum with two kids with an age gap of 16 months maybe... and i was exhusted enought just working 40 hours per week, decorating and diy my new place and keeping up with my son never mind being preg and fatigue haha, well congrads on the 2 anyway smile nice to here they are healthy and that it is possible, you would think they would do a check up a few weeks later just to double check you have misscarred as there is cases like this

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 14-Mar-13 21:05:20

WE have moved this to our miscarriage topic.
all very best to you OP

southbank Thu 14-Mar-13 21:01:32

Glad you are going to go back,yes it was upsetting to lose one but when I said the horror realising it was 3 I meant just sheer panic about what potentially could have been not trying for a baby and then having 3 arrive in one go!!xx

Rroobbyynn Thu 14-Mar-13 21:00:45

same here i trusted the gp as fort they know more then i do

Rroobbyynn Thu 14-Mar-13 20:57:25

ill let you know how i get on, and aww its still horrible to loose one even if youve had many... and the doctor said its too early on to have a scan as i was only 8 weeks gone, but i might of been 12 but no one knows but will get on it tomorrow and get my mum for surport as i just go quite if im alone and want to say something

southbank Thu 14-Mar-13 20:56:52

Mustafa-I was never offered a scan,I bled and was told to go home and let nature take it's course.now obviously I know I should have demanded a scan,but I trusted my gp.

MustafaCake Thu 14-Mar-13 20:53:31

Go and see the Dr aswell as doing the test, sounds like somethings up!

Did they not scan you after your m/c in Jan? I thought it was standard procedure to check that everything had passed?

Like loves I got PG soon after a m/c with no period in between, the Dr said it's quite usual as you are v fertile soon after pregnancy.

I hope you get the result you want x

southbank Thu 14-Mar-13 20:51:31

My gp told me there is a very common occurrence called vanishing twin syndrome-a lot of women lose a twin early on but often is not thought of as a miscarriage as they are still pregnant and people think it's a late period or unexplained bleeding which then continues onto a healthy full term single baby.
You cam imagine my shock to discover at my scan that actually there were still two in there!!
And the horror when I realised there were actually 3 originally!!
It really does happen and I have met many mums since that this has happened to,actually a friend was the only surviving child of an initial triplet pregnancy.
Hope you get a happy answer,let us know how you get on xxxx

Rroobbyynn Thu 14-Mar-13 20:50:27

i havent had sex since as i just didnt want another m/c
so its either not a m/c or im just poorly physicaly or mentaly who knows

LovesBeingWokenEveryNight Thu 14-Mar-13 20:48:04

Please do. I had a mc, had a scan (internal and external) and it turns out I got pg straight away with a period in between .

Even if the test is neg you need to go to your gp

Rroobbyynn Thu 14-Mar-13 20:45:14

blimey yeah i had a hunch i had twins as tummy was pretty big compared to previous baby whos nearly 10 months old smile and then felt mabe i lost one and theres still one growing, but as theres noone to talk to i never knew these things. ill dash to the shop like a crazy woman tomorrow haha thanks for replys

southbank Thu 14-Mar-13 20:41:58

You need to test again,go back to your gp and demand an appointment to get a scan.
I miscarried at 6 weeks,thought I wasnt pregnant.
Gradually felt more unwell and discovered at 5 months I was still pregnant with twins!I had actually been pregnant with triplets and lost one.
Please please go to your gp,I spent my early pregnancy not looking after myself because I didn't know I was pregnant-luckily both twins were born healthy but i spent the remainder of my pregnancy worried about what possible damage I had done due to prescription drugs,alcohol,poor diet and general lack of care to my body.

Rroobbyynn Thu 14-Mar-13 20:40:17

oh ok thanks for that and i wil ltake a test talk to a gp and maybe see about getting a scan, i just didnt know if im just ill or seeking to still be pregnant or actuall still pregnant... cheers everyone

impecuniousmarmoset Thu 14-Mar-13 20:31:55

It's entirely possible to have heavy bleeding and for it not to be a miscarriage - it happened to me when pregnant with both my children. Do a test and get on to GP asap if it's positive.

Rroobbyynn Thu 14-Mar-13 20:31:17

done a test a few weeks back and it said negitive and not had a period

NomNomDePlum Thu 14-Mar-13 20:29:20

do a pregnancy test. if it's positive, ring your epu and talk to them.

Have you had a period since and have you done a test?

Some people have heavy bleeds and still continue to have a healthy pregnancy.

Rroobbyynn Thu 14-Mar-13 20:25:39

i dont know i feel daft but i guess i could ask them as something must be up anyway so need to see what it is

flossy101 Thu 14-Mar-13 19:59:13

Can you contact your hospitals early pregnancy unit in the morning and request a scan?

Rroobbyynn Thu 14-Mar-13 19:46:18

hi everyone, well to start with i found i was pregnant on 9th of jan, then i found i had a misscarrage on the 23rd i would of been 8 weeks or 12 weeks im not sure as im not sure how far gone i was. But i had heavy bleeding i seen a doctor and they said it sound like i had, and that i seemed very strong and calm about it which inside i was tearing to peices but know i have to accept it so i said ok. but then as weeks passed and i started feeling back to normal, my belly was still getting bigger and about 2 months later, im concerned if i am actually still pregnant cause ive been loosing weight and im size 10 yet my bellys becoming rounder and i feel neasus, loss of appertite, boobs hurt, and having toilet problems.. im i still pregnant or is it possible i have cervical cancer? or is my belly just growing a dead baby?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now