Had op following MMC yesterday. Seemed to have stopped bleeding already - is this normal?

(7 Posts)
Forester Sat 02-Mar-13 09:40:39

Hi. Unfortunately I had to have an ERPC yesterday due to a MMC. I was told I could be bleeding for up to two weeks and I was also given pain killers. Although I bled yesterday I've hardly bled last night / this morning and I haven't needed the pain killers. I don't know whether I'm just fortunate or whether my body is not completing the evacuation properly. I can call the hospital on Monday but was interested in hearing other peoples views. Thanks in advance

orangebowl Sat 02-Mar-13 09:44:49

Hi forester. Sorry for your loss. Just wanted to reassure you- I've had 4 miscarriages, 3 of them were MMC and needed erpc and I was exactly same as you for all of them.

Rest up- I know it's a rubbish time. X

Forester Sat 02-Mar-13 10:23:12

Thanks - that's reassuring. Now I just need to cope with the emotional impact ....

cherrypiesally Sat 02-Mar-13 12:50:39

I was the same, only a bit of spotting on 3rd day after. Very tired though; rest as much as you can though. Xx

MrsJohnDeere Sat 02-Mar-13 12:54:14

Normal.

Sorry you are going through this. Rest and be very kind to yourself.

icklemssunshine1 Sat 02-Mar-13 21:16:20

I had an ERPC Weds & by Thurs night I had stopped bleeding & I suffered no pain at all. I guess we're "lucky" :-/

Shellywelly1973 Sun 03-Mar-13 10:14:57

I had an ERPC Wednesday morning & only bleed on Wednesday. Thursday it was so light i could have used liners but didn't want to chance it.

Only slightly painful after the op, I've had worse period pains! By Thursday i wasn't even uncomfortable.

Physically the recovery is remarkable.

Take care of yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now