Supporting sil

(3 Posts)
Bakingtins Sun 03-Mar-13 15:50:28

I'd have appreciated any gesture of support, and second the suggestion of doing things at one remove, so text or email to see if she wants to chat, because there may be times she isn't up to face to face conversation. I hope it turns out well for her, but it's a worrying time.

SaggyOldClothCatpuss Fri 01-Mar-13 21:28:35

Every bit of support I received, from everyone, was appreciated. Send them, and then maybe just give her a call, or drop her an email initially. I found that it was very to talk to people, I just wanted to hide, and was better on paper/keyboard. Ive had many heatfelt facebook chats recently! :-S
Thats just my opinion, you know her. It sounds like a nice idea though.

Clandy Fri 01-Mar-13 20:42:22

My sil has had a heavy bleed at 8 weeks and thought she had lost her baby. A scan showed a heartbeat but try were told baby was small and underdeveloped. I wanted to send flowers as they are far away and just wondered if this was appropriate? Would some flowers and a 'thinking of you' card be ok or completely not what she would want right now? Thanks, I just have no experience at all with this and don't want to cause upset.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now