Asking for a sick note?

(6 Posts)

I am so sorry. Of course you are justified in being off work.

GinAndSlimlinePlease Thu 14-Feb-13 10:27:19

Thanks both. GP was very understanding and signed me off for a fortnight.

Sorry to hear you're in the same position mummytothearkbuilder. It's horrible isn't it sad

Don't go into work - I am in the same position and was worried about work but my boss was very understanding. You need to be at home in your own comfort and surroundings - don't add anymore pressure to yourself.

I also understand about feeling like you have failed as I feel exactly the same way - I am trying to get through by thinking it just wasn't meant to be and that its all part of some bigger plan (I appreciate how completely corny that sounds).

Big hugs - thinking of you xx

Heavywheezing Thu 14-Feb-13 09:03:17

Please don't think like that.

I think that it's a perfectly reason to get a sick note, I'm sure your dr will be sympathetic.

GinAndSlimlinePlease Thu 14-Feb-13 08:59:55

Sorry for typos, on phone and upset blush

GinAndSlimlinePlease Thu 14-Feb-13 08:58:48

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding throughout. After a god scan on monday with a heartbeat, I have been bleeding far more heavily with clots, and since yesterday, awful pain.

I have another scan tomorrow morning (my birthday, how lovely), and I'm expecting for it to be bad news.

I phoned in sick on tuesday and yesterday (having got advice to do so from the epu). With things getting worse yesterday I phoned in sick again today. I have a 2 hour commute and couldn't face the prospect of bleeding heavily and being in work and hours from home.

I'm seeing my gp shortly, as if I have tmw off too I'll need a sick note. But I rarely have time off sick, this is the first time in 4 years I've need a sick note. I feel awful for going to the gp simply to get signed off work.

Am I being silly? Am I justified in taking time off work? I don't want to waste gp's time but I really can't face travelling into and being at work.

I'm taking this so hard as it's my miracle baby. I was due for ivf when I find out I was pregnant. Now I just feel like I've failed my baby and my husband. I really can't cope with the idea of losing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now